Chapter 4: Breakfast With Benjelonn

After returning to my room, I was only able to get an hour or two of real rest. Now I am walking along with Dean, Halfar, Seive, Alice, Merimo and Kira towards the main hall for breakfast. Once we have finished eating, Bengelon has told us that we will be given gear and sent into the Dungeon of Trials. There are going to be a lot of trials judging by how large our group has become. I can see a lot of dangers being ever-present during our time in the dungeon, we will have to be on our guard at all times. Dean turns to look behind us quickly, then turns to me.

"I sneaked out of my room last night, I found a room where Bengelon's children were watching some kind of special news channel which I have never seen before. Since most of them were older than us, I believe it is very likely that they were watching some news channel which covers news from a variety of places which would likely be impossible to accurately report on. The news story I saw was about some kind of stock market based on the values of each aspect of the state of a world. Apparently some 'Meddlers' are buying large amounts of 'Despair' stock in preparation for a quick and abrupt rise in our world" that is something that I never want to hear about again. Is this all just some game for random nobody gods to gamble their money on?

"and what did Bengelon's children say about that?" Dean eases his expression and leans back to stretch his arms out, as if relieved by the answer he is about to give me.

"they each spoke with disgust and muttered hateful remarks at the Meddlers who are trying to profit from this. They appear to want the best outcome for our world, and are ready to fight for it at a moments notice. I would even say that they would fight by your side if the time came for the world to be saved. That time seems to be approaching, given that the Meddlers are investing in 'Despair' stocks" while we may find ourselves facing a situation where the world has fallen into despair, that time still seems to be far away. At this moment, we should focus more on the Dungeon of Trials and asking Bengelon and his children about what is really going on in the world.

"we can think about all of that later. Right now, we should focus on the breakfast and asking Bengelon questions about the current state of the world and what more we can expect from the trials. Every bit of information counts for when we enter that dungeon. I want us to be as informed on the place we will be exploring as we can" Dean nods to me and looks back towards the far side of the hallway we are walking in, the large doors that lead into the main hall are now visible to us not too far ahead.

"who should we ask first? There are likely going to be a lot of people gathered in the main hall. We could find some useful information while speaking with many of the people there" where we can find the information we seek is not entirely clear to us, so we will have to split up to ask around and speak with as many people as we can. But I am still going to speak with Bengelon some more, everyone else can speak with whoever they want.

"all of you can speak to whoever you want, I am going to talk with Bengelon some more" Kira and Alice lean in close to me without warning, Kira looks into my eyes with an unexpected gaze.

"I want to talk to Bengelon with you, perhaps I can think of some questions on the way?" Alice leans in closer to me and nods her head in agreement.

"I also want to talk to Bengelon with you" I hear an annoyed sigh from behind me, and a familiar voice speaks out from the empty space.

"this is one of the reasons why I know for certain that these trials are going to test such fragile bonds. This all feels too quick for such progress to be made" Bengelon appears out of thin air from behind me, his expression hinting at displeasure. It is clear that our interactions have upset him to some degree, for some reason.

"what has you so upset? Do you not want Alice or Kira to ask you any questions?" Bengelon raises his hand and places it on his forehead, shaking his head from side-to-side.