Chapter 2: The Girl and the Large Cabin

"what? Why do I feel stretched? Why does everyone look smaller now?" A familiar voice reaches my ear as I am wheeling 7P through a dirt road towards a set of remote cabins. It is one that suddenly makes me very excited to hear, with joy overflowing in my heart. 7P is finally awake again! I stop wheeling the small cart that 7P is on and everyone gathers around.

"7P, you are finally awake!" Alice and 12Z run over to 7P's side and wrap her in a joy-filled embrace. 7P looks around us and has a confused expression.

"how long have I been out for?" I lean in to talk to 7P and inform her on our progress through Sweden and what Ismilda might be planning with the Scandinavian Union's neighbouring countries.

"for at least twenty four hours, you have been unconscious, and we have been traveling towards the Swedish-German border to reach Greece. You were hit by that drone dart, but it had some major effects on your body" 7P looks at her hands and the rest of her body as she starts to slowly get up from her resting position. As soon as she sees how much she has grown, she makes a surprised face and tries to form words with her mouth.

"I-I think I have regrown to my original size!" so the dart must have carried some kind of injection which reversed the effect the experiments had on her. But that could mean that her powers are gone.

"7P, if that dart reversed your shrunken state, does that mean that your powers were also taken?" 7P sniffs the air and something immediately grabs her attention.

"I smell a freshly baked pie over to the right side of the road. It is somewhere deep in the forest" how can a freshly baked pie be in the middle of nowhere? I guess investigating the mysterious pie would not be a bad idea. But before I can venture into the forest, I need more information.

"what kind of pie?" 7P looks at with a puzzled, yet humored face. Alice looks at me as if she does not know what to think, looking to 7P to see her answer. 12Z has a gentle, yet guilt-filled smile on her face, happy that 7P is alright.

"it is a meat pie. It contains beef and gravy" I have not had a meat pie in a long time, and the gravy contained within sounds absolutely amazing.

"I will take 11O and 12M with me to investigate" 7P and Alice nod to me as I walk towards 16M, 12M, 15G, 11O and 12S, who have all gathered together to discuss the dart that the drone used. I walk up to 11O and 12M, who are standing together.

"we are going to be searching for this mysterious pie that 7P has sniffed out" 11O and 12M look at me with blank stares.

"okay, I do not understand what we could possibly find, but I will come along" 12M begins walking towards the cart where 7P is.

"I have no idea how 7P would be able to smell a pie out here on this dirt road, but I am interested in what we will find" 11O walks shortly behind 12M, and I follow 11O towards where Alice, 7P and 12Z are gathered. 12M steps towards 7P, who looks at him when he gets close enough. And he then leans in towards her with a curious expression on his face.

"where is the small coming from? Is your nose so strong that you can smell food from hundreds of kilometers away?" 7P shakes her head and points towards the forest.

"the smell is coming from that way" 7P points to the right side of the dirt road where she had pointed me to moments earlier. 11O walks towards the edge of the forest and turns back to 7P, who is still sitting on her cart.

"does it smell delicious?" 7P laughs and nods to his question. With that clarified, I walk over to 11O and gesture for 12M to come along with us. As we begin to enter the forest, 7P forces herself up, with Alice and 12Z coming to assist her with walking. The three girls walk over to us before we can walk any further into the woods.