Lothar 3: The Most Dangerous Person

Being back at this facility is making me nervous. Especially after what happened to me last night with that strange man. I have just arrived at my office where there are already papers on my desk waiting to be sorted. I extend my arm out to take some of the papers, but someone barges into my office, it is Emily.

"Lothar, we require your help with the subject we were dealing with yesterday. The subject has taken control of two guards and is now taking others too" that monster.

"how are we going to contain it?" we need to stop this creature.

"we need to force it down to the lower levels so we can seal it away for the time being" we need to destroy it. Otherwise it will try to find a way to escape.

"okay, I will follow you there" Emily nods in agreement and we start running to the cell. This seems like a bad time to tell Emily about that guy, maybe I will tell her later. We are now close to the monster, but my earpiece rings into my head.

"what is the problem?" I don't know who this is, but I am currently dealing with a problem.

"this is Farrus, we have a situation" not another one.

"yeah, we have one here too" I have to deal with this subject first. Why does Ismilda's right hand man need my help?

"this one is more important. 5X has broken out of his heavily fortified cell, he is the most dangerous subject in this facility. If he breaks out, the world would be in extreme danger" how much help would I be against such a man?

"what good would I do against someone with such power?" I can not be of any use against such an opponent. I would only be cannon fodder, I guess that is what this guy is getting at.

"you will be commanding the guards, since you are the chief after all" I guess so.

"alright, I will be there immediately" Emily looks at me with a concerned face.

"so who has broken out?" Emily must want to join me in fighting.

"it is 5X, he has escaped containment and is making his way towards some place in the facility" Emily looks afraid for a short second, but smiles and draws her pistol.

"okay, I will support you in this situation" Emily is a cold person on the outside, but she is now showing me a small hint of her true self I guess.

"alright, lets take this guy down" we start to run towards the feint sounds of gunfire down the hallways. While we are running, we find Miranda talking to two guards.

"Miranda, follow us, we are going to re-contain 5X" my invitation is met with Miranda's concerned face.

"I understand, I will follow the two of you to the fight" we might gather more of the sector leaders along the way. My earpiece rings again.

"what is happening now?" I wonder how fast the subject is going.

"5X has broken past two lines of security so far, we have lost three men to this subject" can anything stop this guy?

"where are you now?" we need a quick path to the action.

"we are fighting across the two bridges that connect the two halves of the facility. So we are minimizing our gunfire to minimum destructive capabilities, but that is preventing us from-" my earpiece roars with static. In the distance through the window I see one of the bridges explode. There is only one way out now, but that would only matter if the entire facility was on fire or filling with water or subjects were trying to escape.

"hello, are you there Farrus?" my earpiece ceases the roaring static and goes silent. He must be back on.

"yeah, 5X threw a ball of energy towards one of our strong points. But we are recovering. The only problem is that he passed us" he has already slipped by our defenses?