Lothar 2: The Unpredictable

The day at this facility is nearly over. I am very anxious to leave this dreaded place. The children here are very scary, each has a different ability and they are prone to acting on impulse. I finish up assigning some of the new guards around each sector with help from Emily, rounding out the total number of guards to 4,350. We have achieved the required number of guards to effectively control the prisoners in-case an outbreak occurs.

"that should be enough people. Now we can begin our preparations to leave for the day" we sure have been working quite hard. I hope these kids will be safe. Not all of them are dangerous killers, in fact most are innocent.

"I hope night shift guards are not too hard on the prisoners" a total of one thousand night guards are staffed to guard the entire facility during the night. They sure do have a lot of weight on their backs, since they are only a quarter of what is truly needed to control an outbreak.

"I am sure they will handle the job professionally" Emily is so focused on the job that she seems almost robot-in personality.

"then we will see tomorrow" after I finish speaking, a guards runs from around the corner further up the hallway that Emily and I are walking down. The man is rapidly approaching me and I lightly jog up to meet him.

"sir, Ma'am, we have a problem" the man is in a bit of distress, eyes wide open.

"what is the problem?" the man looks at the two of us in-front of him with a pale white face.

"one of the dark sector prisoners has mutated unexpectedly, he has transformed into a very dark and greenish creature which has already taken two stationed guards into his cell. They disappeared and we can not find them when using a microscopic, short-ranged drone to investigate. The prisoner was only tested on for disease yesterday, and we found signs of Onchocerciasis. The tests of I and P are not to be done until after the disease check for this reason" The man seems to know most of the situation, so we run with him to dark sector.

"the kid was named Martin Smittad, so he might respond to his previous name. But he has been here since nearly the beginning of this facility, so he will probably respond to his designated name" we know his original name now. I feel bad for these kids, who are being reduced to test subjects with their names replaced to be forgotten.

"so what is this kid's designated name?" Emily beat me to the question.

"the kid in question was one of the first forty here. He has had a lot of time to mutate with his parasite also gaining lots of power and become dangerous. He is the one designated Two E"

We arrive at the scene and meet up with the head of Dark Sector, Thaniel.

"it is good to see you guys, we are trying to subdue the prisoner. But he has not emerged from his cell since he attacked the two guards. We presume the guards are dead since we have not been able to locate them or their bodies. Originally, this prisoner had the power of illusion and agility. He is a major threat even if the parasite has impaired his abilities" this kid sounds very dangerous. I hope he is contained soon.

I see something moving in the cell, but the guards are not reacting.

"I think I saw something move in the cell" one of the guards hold a stare on the door while the other looks to me.

"we did not see a thing. Nothing has happened since the initial attack" don't say something like that. Now something is bound to happen.

"we need to get closer and investigate" that is a horrible idea. The guard who suggested that must not be very smart. The guard watching the door seems to be pacing backwards very slowly. But he doesn't seem to be afraid.