Bengelon 3: Cards or Dominoes

Before I enter the grand dining hall and discuss things with Valian, I need to check up on the state of the world. I need to be ready for the chaos which would tear the world apart if war was to begin at the wrong time. There is also the status of the Meddlers and the extra-dimensional existences which still pose a significant threat to the world. I also need to check on the 'evil' forces sightings which were reported close to my pocket world. It is all so frustrating! Europe is on the brink of total war, the USA is preparing for military action against its neighbours, the Papal State is about to collapse into separate nations, Ismilda is suspected to be planning an invasion of Germany, Greece is on the brink of a second Successor War which could be even more destructive than the Great War, Sistan has experienced a coup by a power who wishes for the destruction of the Greek people and Asia is about to collapse into an independence war in Korea and a war between The Ming Empire and Japan. There are also the countless wars and skirmishes taking place throughout the many Meddler private worlds. Not only is there going to be the forces of 'evil' fighting us in the coming 'final' battle, but there are also going to be hundreds of war-crazed Meddlers leading their experienced armies across the many worlds where the 'final' battle is going to be fought. Will the many worlds be able to keep themselves stable with such drastic loss of life? Then there are also the cults and religious orders which lurk in the shadows, not to mention the countless military orders which are also going to take advantage of the situation. Sometimes it sucks being a god overseeing your world. Oh yeah, and don't even get me started on the myths and gods of other religions who are also going to get involved. I slam my fist into the wall in anger, there is too much pressure with this. Before I can enter the 'local world navies observation' room, I take a deep breath to relax my nerves. Even with all the worries of the chaotic 'final' battle, the tension eases and fades away. With my current state now calm, I enter the observation room. The main observation officer; my friend Aaron Toadik turns to me and salutes.

"Bengelon, it is good to see you. You will not believe the many cat and mouse games are being played at the moment. Tensions are so high, the navies of the world are watching each other in anticipation for a war. It is like they have already forgotten about the utter devastation which the Great War caused" that is a worrying thought. If people have forgotten about the tragic loss of life from that war, then they will likely not be hesitant about starting a war of that scale. There is also the fact that the Great War was one which was fought in slow movements, which prolonged the war and allowed retreating soldiers to construct new fortifications not too far back from the front. In this day and age though, movement is key. Instead of the war lasting for over eight years, I can see it only lasting two at the very most.

"who knows, the decisive blow may be struck on the very first day of the war" Aaron smirks and looks off into the distance with a longing expression.

"a short war. Now that is the type of war I hope we will find ourselves in" I walk over to Aaron and place my hand on his shoulder in a friendly manner.

"but only if the war is in our favour. I would not like to see the war turn against us and force us into a swift defeat" Aaron nods to me in understanding and turns back to look at the holographic map of the world.

"well, here is the current report that I have for you: both the Atlantic and Pacific are going to be in a constant state of war. There are enough aircraft carriers and battleship fleets for an out-of-proportion battle to take place at every island in the pacific. Whether it be dozens of destroyers being sunk for an island measuring one square meter, or three aircraft carriers being lost for an island without an airfield or port. The nations of the world have been building up their navies for this coming conflict. This coming war is going to be one which will be too full of history to ever be truly recorded and documented completely" that is not comforting to hear.