Chapter 12: Out of the Shell and onto the Bird

The airport is not far away, in terms of how close we are, we are eight ninths of the way through. We are approaching the final shopping center, so we will find different cloths there.

"come on guys, remember what will happen when the first ray of sunshine hits the city" the announcement was clear about the danger in the city and what is going to happen at dawn. We run into the broken doors of the shopping center and run to the nearest cloths shop.

"find anything that is your size and put them on. Grab a few items if you want. Just do not take too long" The bomb is something which I fear the most, I wanted time to loot from the shops, but now we have to rush. So I jump into a phone shop and take a new smart phone, now I can get cloths like the others. I walk into the men's section and stare at the range of clothing I can wear. Immediately, a pair of long, black pants stand out to me and I place them on quickly. I looks over to the button-up shirts and grab a plain white one, I think I should put something underneath it so I can have it unbuttoned. So I walk over to the singlets, a navy blue singlet looks the best to me, so I put that on under my shirt. So now all I need are sports or jogging shoes, a hat, bag and a vest or coat. It kind of reminds me of school. I walk over to the bags and look at the choices I have. I grab a large, over-sized bag to carry everything I possibly can into it. I continue over to the hats and pick out a red hat with blue waves on each side, not what I would normally pick, but it is enough for now. I look in the shoes for my size and feel which is the most comfy, and the most reliable. I pick a pair of red and black shoes and replace my weak prisoner shoes. I walk over to the nice coats, suits and vests, I find a nice black, winter vest to wear when it gets cold. Now that I have everything I need, I walk into the shop that 7P and Alice walked into. 7P is waiting outside a dressing room with her new cloths on. She is now wearing a winter beanie, with her hair also let down below the beanie and down her neck. She has a fiery, red shirt with extended sleeves, they look like something in a fitness store. She is now wearing shorts with expensive sports shoes. And I only just noticed her sun glasses on her beanie.

"looking good 7P" 7P looks over to me casually and waves.

"hey 17C, you look ready for a harsh winter. It is already the end of winter anyway" I laugh it off, but I did not realize what the date was, so I thought it was still the winter season.

"so where is Alice?" 7P points to the opening door of the dressing room.

"hey 17C. How do I look?" Alice is standing in her new outfit, just beside us. She has sunglasses on her head, which have a purple tint. She is wearing a nice white shirt with a long white skirt to match it. She is wearing joggers, which throw off the theme, but are practical in this situation. She looks like a half-athlete, half-princess.

"you look good Alice" Alice blushes and skips over joyfully to grab another few piles of clothing.

"you can put them in my bag if you want Alice" I bend over and open up the bag. Alice claps her hands happily and walks over and grabs her cloths. There are not that much in the pile, so it should not be too heavy-a sudden weight nearly drags me to the ground, and my bag is now extremely heavy.

"how much did you take?" Alice giggles and puts her hand on her face.

"only enough for me" she sure does wear a lot then. We walk to the men's clothing shop and meet up with 11O. He is wearing a nice, formal suit and has a large over-sized bag too, but his already looks full.

"what did you fill yours with, men's bricks?" 11O laughs at me and walks slowly towards the exit, with us following behind.

"I filled mine with clothing of other sizes that fit others in our group. Just in case they do not have the same chance as us, I am going to provide them with other clothing besides prison cloths" Smart thinking 11O!