Maxamillion 3: A Path To Toulouse

I still can not believe that we are going to listen to Bengelon and head for Toulouse. I just hope that he is good on his word of accommodation. Our group now only consists of 12Z, 12M, 15G, 12S, Endo, 14B, 16D, 16Y, 6G, 13D and I. Our group is still big, but the absence of 17C feels like a significant part of our group has been taken out. I have mostly been speaking with 12Z about how she is dealing with the loss, but I still have to speak with many of the other members of our group. With our path now changed, each member of our group, our new family, will have to be informed of our new destination. Unfortunately, I can not tell them why we have decided to take a long detour. I hope that we are not going to be put into an even worse situation by doing what Bengelon is asking of us. But if this gives us a better chance of seeing 17C alive again, we are going to have to take the risk. I still feel that he will be the one to become the true leader of our group, and lead our family to the place we hope we will be able to call home. Maybe in Toulouse, we will find somewhere that Ismilda will never think to look. At least if Ismilda's influence reaches us, we will know when they are ready to attack Toulouse, since Ismilda's Union will have to go through Germany first. The thought of Germany being consumed by a war against the evil dictator Ismilda, this thought shares a grim contrast with the farmland that we are passing by. The country we are travelling through now, is very likely going to be the next one that Ismilda declares war against. Who better to speak with in this kind of atmosphere, than my two friends; 14B and 15G. Since they only walked through the door to the balcony, I should start the conversation.

"we have changed our destination, so now we have to take a long detour. From what I can conclude, the journey is going to be rough" 14B makes an uneasy expression, while 15G is thinking to himself, taking in the information that I have given him. 14B shrugs his shoulder to my words.

"well obviously. It is going to be a hard journey either way, so why are we taking such a long path? It is because Ismilda is less likely to search for us in that region?" I doubt that Ismilda is going to cease her conquest at any point, so I do not believe that taking the long way around will put us in any less danger. I should probably explain Bengelon's existence to them, but how would they take it? There are still a lot of questions I want answered which are plaguing my mind.

"I am not sure how I can properly explain this. There is someone who can help us, but they have asked us to meet them in Toulouse. If there is a chance of us reaching that place we wish to call home, I am willing to take it" 14B looks out towards the fields of crops around us, which are blowing along with the wind. With a shallow sigh, he returns his attention to me.

"you are the leader. If you believe that there is the possibility of finding our home we long for, if you think that it could possibly be in Toulouse, then we will follow you all the way through this journey. We have made it this far, we trust that we will be able to go further" the thought of surviving this far, only strengthens the thoughts of regret I have for allowing the battle at the cabin to grow dangerous enough to take not only 17C from us, but also; Alice, 11O, 7P, Halfar, Seive and Felicity. My inability to step up and protect our weaker group members, the weaker members of our family, I can never forgive myself for being so careless. I have a long way to go before I can even come close to redeeming myself for my failure. I look at 14B with my eyes twitching.

"I have not been able to keep all of us alive though. We lost 17C in that battle, a loss which would have been entirely preventable if I had been strong enough to fight that crazy agent. If it had not been for my lack of power, 17C and everyone with him would still be here with us" my hands have closed into fists in response to my frustration. The one who speaks first is not 14B, but 15G.

"then use that as a driving force for getting stronger. Only you can improve your own abilities and push yourself past the limit. We trust that you, as our leader, will make yourself strong enough to earn the title of leader. We also trust that you only want the best for us, so we will have faith in your decisions" I do not deserve to be leading a group as nice as our family. 15G is right, I need to use what I have learned so far, so that I can become the best leader I can be.