Chapter 2: Temple

"17C, are you okay!?" a familiar voice is calling out to me, but I do not know where it is coming from. I need to open my eyes, but I can not seem to manage it.

"Valian, you must have took a hard hit dude" that sounded just like one of my friend's voices, but I can not distinguish who's voice it is.

"it is time to wake up. You have been unconscious for too long" that sounds like 7P. I must have passed out when we reached the temple.

"this should wake him up. I pray to you-" I feel something wash down my throat, and my eyes quickly open. A disgusting taste spreads across my tongue, and I sit up in a flash. I look around to see that the girl from before, Camilla. Around me, I can see that Alice, 7P, Halfar and Seive are sitting close to me. But as much as I want to say something, a voice in my head is calling out, which sounds familiar. The voice sounds like it is crying for my help. It just repeats '17C, where are you? I need you'. I do not know what to make of it, but right now, I need to focus on gaining a proper understanding of where we are. If I didn't know any better, I would say that we were sent back in time. But could that bomb really do something like that? Or are we trapped in some kind of limbo? If this is a kind of limbo, the last place I thought I would end up in is some kind of roman city. And to think that we are in Rome of all places. I heard that before 'The Fracturing', Rome was one of two great cities. The two most known cities of the Roman Empire were Rome, and Constantinople. But after a series of events, 'The Fracturing' happened, and everything was scattered. After everyone got settled into their new lands, human history continued. I am so amazed that I am able to be present in a pre-fracturing Rome. I snap out of my deep thoughts and look to my friends, who are all gathered around me, with concerned expressions on their faces.

"I guess the wound was too much for me to bare, how long have I been unconscious for?" Halfar looks up to the sun, nearly blinding him due to his stupidity. He looks back to me, recovering from the holes that the sun probably burned into his retinas.

"nearly a day. Night has already come and gone" that can't be right. It did not feel like a whole day at all. As I think about the implications of time passing so quickly, Camilla leans in to inspect me. The girl from before appears to be very interested in me, in terms of my wounds and our mysterious appearance here. Camilla places her right hand on her face.

"your wound has been completely healed by the power of my prayer, but I have never been granted such power by the gods. Your group is becoming more strange with every passing moment. I would like to ask all of you many questions later" we all nod our heads in agreement with this religious girl. Camilla claps her hands together in joy. I raise my hand to speak to Camilla, who is still shaking with anticipation. Camilla looks to me as I inhale before speaking.

"I do not know how you can heal people, but each-I mean most of us here, are able to use some form of a power" Seive, Halfar and Felicity look at me with displeased faces. Every other member of our group are just looking at the three. Camilla looks at her hands and turns to me, sceptical of my claims, she tilts her head and folds her arms.

"if that is so, then please demonstrate to me that you can wield such powers" I accept Camilla's challenge and push myself to my feet. Unfortunately, I lose all of my strength immediately and fall to my knees. I am going to need a walking stick, so I will create just that. I hold out my hand and visualise a walking cane in my hand. With some of my strength being used to create the object, I can feel my body becoming weak. The cane finally materialises in my hand and I use it to prevent myself from falling to the ground. I use the cane to hold my failing body up. Using the cane I have just created, I manage to pull myself back up onto my feet. I focus some of my energy on using the cane as a third leg. Seeing this, Camilla claps in joy and amazement at my struggle. Alice walks up to me and tries to help me to stand. Alice holds my head up to look into my eyes.