Lothar 5: Returning Home

With Sweden under the control of the Scandinavian Union, it has been fairly difficult to avoid being seen by the military. It has been a hard week on all of us. We have had to deal with the facility, the city of Edvardshagen and the fear of the agents finding us. Once we get my family, we will be able to head south into Europe and make our way down towards the territories of the Greek Empire. But first we will need to find Bengelon in Toulouse. We are almost ready for the home run. I can see my family mansion in the distance, we will soon reach my home and convince my family to flee with us. The sun rises behind the mansion and provides us with a holy aura around the silhouette of my house. The lakes around my house are glittering with the shine of the sun. The birds are starting to wake up and fly over the lake. Our bus is almost full, but we will be able to fit my whole family onto this vehicle without any worries. I walk back into the main section of the bus and start speaking to everyone who has joined us along the way. Bernard, Kalos, Thaniel, Glinora, Erin, Miranda, Emily and 14J are all speaking to each other while there are also other groups around the main section of the bus who are also talking amongst themselves. I sit beside Thaniel and join in on the conversations they are having. Glinora holds Erin up like a proud mother and smiles.

"Erin is such a cutie, I am so glad that you chose to bring her along with you when you found her with her friends in the facility" Glinora's and Erin's hair both share the same colour and glow, so their hair looks like it is merging. Thaniel laughs and places one of his hands on his knee, while he places his other hand on the back of his head.

"well, we were not just going to leave her to die in the facility. We could not allow something like that to happen to Erin, so she joined our group" Erin smiles to Thaniel, with joy and happiness flowing from her grin. Erin seems to be really happy with being with us. Erin looks to me, still maintaining the happy an appreciative smile.

"I am very happy to have met all of you. I am not sure that I, or any of my friends would have survived the facility had you not been there to save us" knowing that Erin has a chance at living a life, even though it may not be the best one, is comforting to me. After everything we have done to the kids of the facility, we might just be able to redeem ourselves. I face Erin and return a smile.

"I am just happy to have you with us Erin, your smile has been the driving force behind Thaniel's and Glinora's performance during our 'missions' to bring every family aboard the bus" everyone in our group is worth something. That is why our group is so solid. Emily moves closer to me, as does Miranda. Emily turns to Erin and shows a rare smirk.

"I am also glad to have you on our team child. You have proven to be quite the morale booster, with your unique uplifting attitude" Emily has never really acted like this before. Emily is behaving like she is not just a husk of a woman who will get the job done no matter what that job is. Although, I guess it can also be reasoned that Emily is starting to abandon her ways, since we no longer serve Ismilda or work in her facility where she slaughters children for experiments. Everybody is looks at Emily with suspicious and confused expressions on their faces. I move closer to Emily in response.

"that was not like you. You sounded very sincere with your words Emily. You have changed since we left the facility, and not for worse"Emily's strict face, with her rare smirk starts to falter into a happy smile. Emily lowers her head a bit.

"I have learned that being a good soldier is not everything. I may be doing everything by the book, but many innocent children suffered because of it. I can not change the past, but I can change the future, and my ways" so Emily wants to be someone who displays emotions, instead of hiding them? That is something which I would not oppose. Miranda leans towards Emily and brings her into an embrace, nearly scaring Emily.

"I am so happy that you are doing this Emily! We are going to be the best of friends!" Emily's smile has shifted into a slightly-annoyed frown. While those two are bonding, or at least Miranda is, I turn to Thaniel, who is looking at Miranda and Emily with a neutral expression.