43 | The big surprise

Jackson Guthy - Two Little Lights:
'Two little lights that light up the dark. You might be shattered‚ but don't fall apart. She likes to see the rain fall and always finds the beauty in the pain. You might be lost, know you gon' find it. Heaven above has always been trying to let you see the rain fall and always find the beauty in the pain'

Gia and Isabel took the other boys to the kitchen to show them their purchases too, so it was just the two of them in the living room. Emilia pulled out a sweater she bought and showed him some other things, trying to hide the onesie for now. Daniel looked at the items his girlfriend showed him with great interest before Emilia spoke up again. "I did buy something else, which is quite special.." She took a deep breath and reached her hand into the bottom of the shopping bag before she pulled Daniel's gift out. 

"What is it, babe?" Daniel said, looking curiously at the white piece of fabric Emilia handed over to him. Her hands were shaking and the atmosphere in the room had completely shifted. Daniel looked at Emilia's face and she was trying to avoid his gaze, staring at the gift she had just handed over to him. "Just look at it, please.." He heard her say and Daniel started to get nervous while he slowly unfolded the white item. 'Wait, why am I holding a baby onesie?' He thought and his mind began to spin. Daniel turned the onesie around and read the text that was printed on it, which immediately took his doubt away. 'Daddy's new racing buddy? Is she pregnant?' He couldn't wrap his head around it. But she seemed to be able to read his mind because before he knew it, she handed him a pregnancy test, which clearly said 'PREGNANT'. 

Emilia looked at Daniel, who was holding the tiny onesie in one hand and the pregnancy test in the other and she felt the fear of rejection bubbling up again. He hadn't spoken a word to her ever since she handed him the onesie and she was getting really worried that he was going to get angry at her any second now. "D-Dan.. Please talk to me". Emilia said, just wanting to know if he was happy or pissed off. It took a few more seconds before he finally lifted his eyes to meet hers and a shock ran through Emilia's body when she saw his face. A single tear rolled down his cheek and his eyes were teared up while all she could see in them was the amount of love he felt for her. "A-Are you serious?" Daniel asked her and she could hear his voice tremble. Emilia nodded, feeling her own emotions getting the best of her now as well.

Daniel threw the things he was holding on the sofa next to him and immediately wrapped his arms around his girlfriend. He couldn't believe she was telling him she was pregnant this soon, but it was the best news he had ever heard. Not even a race win could beat how he felt right now. Daniel buried his head in the crook of Emilia's neck and he felt her body shake and he knew she was crying as well. "I thought you would get angry with me.." She softly said and he pulled away to look at her face. Daniel placed both of his hands on her cheeks and looked her straight in the eyes. "Why would I ever be mad at you? As far as I'm aware, we were both involved". Emilia let out a small giggle while she wiped away a few tears on both of their faces.

"How long have you known?" Daniel asked her. "I had been feeling a little ill since Sunday but I thought it was just from all the travelling and stuff but last night after the barbecue I told the girls that I wasn't feeling too good and Gia asked me when my last period was. That's when I realised that I was two weeks late.." Daniel was listening attentively and Emilia couldn't believe how sweet he was right now. His right arm was still wrapped around her while the other was firmly placed on her knee, his eyes fixated on her face, listening to every word she said. "So I took a test at the mall today and yeah, well it was positive.." She said while she looked down at where her hands were fiddling with the hem of her shirt. "I was getting used to the idea and getting more excited as the time went by but I was so scared that you were going to be angry.."