39 | Planning our future

The Chainsmokers & Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine:
'You said, "Hey, whatcha doing for the rest of your life?" and I said, "I don't even know what I'm doing tonight". Went from one conversation to your lips on mine and you said, "I never regretted the day that I called you mine". So I call you mine'

"Yeah, we'll be there soon.. Okay, bye!" Emilia was adding a bit of highlighter to her face when she heard Daniel hang up the phone. It was Monday morning and his parents had just arrived in Melbourne from Perth. They were having lunch together and Emilia felt a bit nervous. Daniel had told her that his parents were super excited to meet her and that she had absolutely nothing to be nervous about, but she couldn't really help it. She looked at herself in the mirror one last time, moved her palms over her white summery dress to flatten it a little and stepped in her sandals. "I'm ready to go, babe, do I look okay?" Emilia asked Daniel when she stepped closer to him.

He turned around and she could see the look of admiration in his eyes immediately. "You look more than okay, you look gorgeous, Mil". Daniel said before he pulled her closer by her waist and kissed her forehead. It was one of her favourite things, such a small gesture but it meant so much to her. Daniel took her hand, grabbed the hotel keycard and handed Emilia her purse before they left the room. The drive to his parents' hotel was fairly short and Emilia saw the smile on his face grow when he spotted them waiting outside on the pavement. "I'm so excited to introduce you to them". He said before he got out to walk over to her door.

Daniel opened the car door and offered Emilia his hand which she gladly accepted

Daniel opened the car door and offered Emilia his hand which she gladly accepted. He intertwined his fingers with hers and shut the car door behind her before the two of them walked over to his parents. Emilia recognized his mother from the FaceTime calls Daniel had every so often and she thought they looked so much alike. "Oh my gosh, my baby". Grace said before she hugged Daniel tight, they hadn't seen each other in quite a while. He pulled away after a few seconds and tightened the grip on Emilia's hand. "Mom, dad, I would like you to meet my girlfriend, Emilia. Mil, this is my mom Grace and my dad Joe". Daniel said before he slowly let go of her hand.

"Hi, nice to meet you.." Emilia said shyly before shaking Joe's hand. He looked really friendly and kind. Joe walked around her to give his son a hug and Emilia could see Grace walk over to her. Instead of sticking out her hand, Emilia received the same hug Daniel had gotten just a few seconds ago, but it made her feel so warm and loved already. "I'm so excited to finally meet you, Emilia. Daniel has been talking about you non-stop. And I must say, you're even more gorgeous than he said". Grace told her and it made Emilia giggle. She slightly pulled away from the hug, but Grace took a hold of her face. "Look at you, beautiful". She said and Emilia looked over at Daniel, who had the biggest grin on his face.

"Let's get something to eat, okay? I haven't even had breakfast yet and Michael is going to kick my ass if he finds out". Daniel said and the four of them walked over to a little restaurant down the street. They talked about everything once they were seated at their table. Grace told Emilia all kinds of fun facts about Daniel as a kid, while Daniel and Joe discussed his career and the last few races of the season. Daniel told them about the house he was about to move into and they were super excited for him. They asked about his plans for the upcoming holidays and Emilia was shocked when he answered that question. "Well, I wanted to take Mil back to Australia in a couple of weeks to visit Perth".