42 | Nervous but happy

RELIC - 3 AM:
'And I can't help but wonder where this life is going. Now I know that you're my destination, every step I take in your direction brings me close and I can't help but wonder where this life is going. Now I know that you're my destination, every step I take in your direction brings me home, brings me home'

Sleeping had been quite difficult for Emilia due to the nerves for the test and the fact that she still didn't feel really good. Besides that, she had to try and hide all of it from Daniel, not wanting to get him worked up over nothing if it turned out to be negative. Emilia had been tossing and turning all night, thinking about what she would do if the test came back positive. The idea of a little baby growing inside of her belly was getting her more excited by the hour and by the time Gia and Isabel were awake and ready to go shopping, Emilia was certain she would love to have a baby with Daniel. She said goodbye to him and gave him a loving kiss before the three girls got into Daniel's car to go out to the mall.

They were planning on doing the test first because none of them could contain their nerves any longer. "Have you thought about it a little more?" Isabel asked on their way over and Emilia nodded. "Yeah, I've been up almost all night thinking about it. But it just makes sense. I know it might be quick, but I'm 28 years old, Daniel is 31.. It's not like we're not serious about our relationship. And just the thought of having a baby growing inside of me is making me so happy.." Emilia told her friends and Gia grabbed her friend's hand while she was driving. "We'll be there for you, no matter what. You know that right?" She said and Emilia nodded. "You always have been".

After Gia had parked the car, the girls entered the mall and quickly searched the map for the nearest drugstore. They found one pretty quickly and while they were walking over to the store, Emilia's nerves started to rise again. She was happy to have her girls here with her and they walked straight to the pregnancy test aisle and decided to get a few including a digital one. Emilia paid at the register while Gia and Isabel were looking at the map again to find a restroom. She joined them soon after, clutching the bag with the tests close to her chest, afraid someone might rip it off of her and check the bag.

Because she was Daniel's girlfriend and they had been photographed and published a bunch of times now, people were starting to recognize her more often. And especially now that she was in Australia, she didn't want to have to explain the bag of pregnancy tests to a fan wanting an autograph. Gia pulled Emilia to the nearest restroom and luckily it wasn't a busy day at the mall, so it was completely empty. "So what do I do now? I've never taken one of these before.." Emilia said, looking at the box of one of the cheapest strips they bought. "You take it in there with you, you pee on the stick and then you wait 3-5 minutes and check the result". Gia said, which made the other two look at her with furrowed brows. "Yes, I have taken one before". She answered bluntly, which made the others chuckle.

Hesitatingly, Emilia opened the packet and took out the stick, doing the same to the digital one. She looked at it for a while and then up to her friends who were encouraging her without using any words, to get into the stall. Emilia did as they wanted and pulled the fabric of her shorts down. She sat down and pointed the stick between her legs before she peed on the designated section and switching the first for the digital one after. She quickly covered the sticks with some of the wrappers again before she cleaned herself up and got dressed again. Gia took the wrappers with the tests from her while she washed her hands and laid them down on the sink. "Isa, will you set a timer for 3 minutes?" Emilia asked her and Isa nodded, grabbing her iPhone.

The girls were all completely silent while they waited for the minutes to pass. It felt like an hour and Emilia's nerves were almost getting the best of her. 'What if it's positive? How am I going to tell Daniel? Is he going to be mad? But what if it's negative? Am I going to be sad and wishing it was positive?' Before she could finish that thought, the timer on Isabel's phone went off and the girls all looked at each other. Gia grabbed all of their hands together and looked Emilia in the eyes. "Whatever this test may say, we're sticking together forever and we'll always be here to help you, okay?" Emilia wrapped her arms around both of her friends and hugged them before she took a deep breath and stepped closer to the sink.