12 | It's you and me

Dylan Geick & Brae Cruz - You And Me:
'There's something about you now, I can't quitе figure out. Everything she doеs is beautiful, everything she does is right'

The next two days were mostly a blur for Emilia. She had called Gia and Isabel as soon as Daniel left that evening and of course, they came straight over and wanted to know everything. She had never kept a secret from them again, not after her last relationship, so she told them all they wanted to know. The girls were super happy for her and believed their friend finally found her perfect match. Gia had spent a few nights with Michael as well, so the boys could fly to the track together. Michael also suggested for the girls to visit them this weekend to surprise Daniel and Emilia had nearly no time to think about it, because Gia already accepted his offer. Michael had arranged for the girls to fly over on Friday morning before the first practice and the McLaren team had kindly gifted them paddock passes to watch the race from their hospitality. As the days progressed and Emilia was packing a small suitcase for their flight tomorrow morning, she was getting more and more excited to surprise Daniel.

He had kept in contact with her as he promised, texting her as soon as he got to his hotel on Tuesday night and they hadn't stopped exchanging messages ever since. Emilia came to realize that she really was falling in love with this man and it felt strange but wonderful. The only problem was the distance and finding time to be together, but that was a concern for another day. She just wanted to focus on this weekend and seeing her new man do what he does best in real life. "Do you think we need to pack some fancy outfits as well?" Emilia asked her friends before she wandered back over to her closet to take a look at her dress collection. "Yeah, we will probably go out for dinner or to a club after the race.." Gia said and Emilia pulled a few options from the rack.

With their holiday playlist in the background, snacks and a couple of glasses of wine, the girls finished packing their bags before climbing into Isabel's bed and having one of their regular facemasks and phone-swiping girls nights. Usually one of them would fall asleep as soon as the third glass of wine was empty and tonight, it was Gia. She stayed over in Isabel's bed while Emilia went back to her own room to take a quick shower so she wouldn't have to hurry as much tomorrow morning. She had laid out her travelling outfit already and all she had to do when she woke up was to have breakfast and pack her purse with the essentials. Emilia fell asleep pretty quickly, dreaming of Daniel in his race suit and their trip to Monza.

----

"I'm so happy we decided to pack last night.." Gia said when she entered the living room with her suitcase. She had a slight headache from the night before and when Emilia offered her a croissant, she gladly accepted it. "We need to leave in about 10 minutes, Isa, are you almost done?" Emilia yelled through the apartment and she heard a slight hum to confirm her friend was on her way over to them as well. When they all finished their breakfast, the girls loaded the cases into the boot and drove to Firenza airport, which luckily wasn't that far away. The check-in process went quickly and before they knew it, the girls were boarding the small plane. The flight was pretty short, only 50 minutes before they would land in Milan where they would get a Uber to their hotel in Monza. Filling that time with thinking of fun ideas to surprise Daniel, they were surprised when the pilot told them they were starting to land already.

The Uber ride was pretty quick as well and Emilia sighed as she saw the beautiful hotel Michael had arranged for them to stay in. They would have one room to share, but Gia told them she would be staying with Michael for most of the time anyway. The receptionist also gave them the paddock passes he had left for them, meaning they could go to the track when they finished unpacking. Emilia decided she wanted to surprise Daniel between the first and second practice when he had a short lunch break. Isabel suggested waiting for him in his driver room, which Michael had mentioned once before and they all clapped their hands when their plan finally started to come together. Emilia changed into a nicer outfit, losing the joggers she loved to travel in and switching them for a pair of jeans, a white tank top, a beige suede jacket and her Dior purse. She kept her face makeup-free but adding just a touch of highlighter to her cheekbones.