37 | The effect on me

ILLENIUM - Crashing:
'Intoxicating your kiss, intoxicating your lips. Nobody does it like this, I find it hard to resist, oh-ooh. Feeling out of control, beautifully sold. What's coming over me? It's a total eclipse of rationality'

After a 30-minute taxi ride, the four friends arrived at the nightclub. Daniel and Michael had been here before and they knew it would be popping tonight. The outside of the club looked amazing, there were coloured lights everywhere and when they got out of the taxi, Emilia could hear the bass of the music already. There was a line outside the door and she furrowed her brows when Daniel took her hand and dragged her towards the entrance while skipping the line. Michael and Gia were stood behind them when Daniel greeted the bouncer. He seemed to recognize Daniel right away and they gave each other a fist bump before he opened the door for them and let the two couples through. "Wow, so that's one of the advantages of dating a famous Formula 1 driver?" Emilia asked while Daniel walked with her through the crowd.

"Well yeah, but I think you'll see one of the disadvantages tonight as well". Daniel said while he looked around. Emilia could see what he meant. The whole crowd had turned towards them, looking straight at Daniel and there were a few screaming girls trying to get closer to him. Luckily the VIP section was closed off and a bouncer decided to join them on their walk towards one of the balconies. "Still interested in dating a Formula 1 driver?" Daniel asked when they finally sat down. Emilia giggled and leaned in closer so she wouldn't have to yell over the music as much. "It's a good thing you're so handsome". Emilia said and she winked when she pulled back to look at him. Michael called over a waiter to order some drinks and soon Gia pulled Emilia up to dance.

While Daniel and Michael stayed upstairs in the VIP section, the girls made their way over to the dancefloor. They could have perfectly stayed up there to dance as well, but they loved the feeling of a crowded dancefloor and the disco lights flickering down on them. They were swaying along to the music for a while and having fun showing each other their weirdest dance moves until Emilia saw a random guy wrap his hands around Gia's waist. Her friend was wearing a tight, red dress and she looked absolutely gorgeous and the guy must have thought so as well. Gia quickly turned out of his embrace and stepped over to stand next to Emilia. The blonde man was obviously drunk and followed her to grab her waist again. "Let go of her, she clearly doesn't want to dance with you!" Emilia yelled over the music.

Daniel and Michael were sat on one of the sofa's in the VIP section and they were catching each other up on their activities earlier this evening when they were separated in their hotel rooms until Daniel saw a lot of odd movement on the dance floor. He had kept an eye out for Emilia the entire time, not because he didn't trust her but he just wanted to see if she was okay every once in a while. His eyes fell on a girl in a red dress being grabbed by a drunk blonde guy and suddenly he remembered Gia was wearing a red dress. "Mate, is that Gia?" He quickly poked his elbow in his best friend's ribs to get his attention. Michael stood up to get a good look at the action that was now escalating on the dancefloor and Daniel saw his trainer's eyes widen.

The guy had grabbed Gia again and Emilia was trying to pull her best friend out of his embrace, causing the guy to yell and scream at her. Daniel could see the panic starting to form on his girlfriend's face, obviously triggered by the actions of the drunk man. The two Australians ran down the stairs onto the crowd without thinking about it and it turned out to be quite difficult for Daniel to get through without getting noticed. "You go, mate. I'll just make it worse when I show up there. Please grab Mil too, if you can. I'm getting a bouncer". Daniel yelled, seeing Michael nod before he disappeared into the crowd. Daniel ran towards the entrance, still being swarmed by girls who tried to touch him, but he didn't care right now.

He told the bouncer what was happening and the muscled man immediately stormed towards the dancefloor. Daniel decided to just head back up to the VIP section, at least he would be able to see what was happening from up there. He hoped Gia was okay and Emilia wasn't too scared and traumatized by everything. When he reached the balcony again, he peered over the railing to see Michael holding down the guy that had been all over Gia a few minutes ago and the crowd was going crazy. Emilia was holding Gia and Daniel was shocked to see how powerful his girlfriend looked. The bouncer took over the man from Michael and dragged him towards the exit while the entire dancefloor clapped.