36 | Fall even harder

JP Saxe - The Few Things:

'You're one of the few things that I'm sure of. You're one of the few things that I know already I could build my world of. One of the few things that I'm sure of and I want you to unravel me. Come closer, come closer'

The flight was long, but Emilia was happy and very grateful that she didn't have to spend twelve hours on a small seat in the middle of a row in economy class. She had thoroughly enjoyed the first-class experience and she had stopped counting how many times she had thanked Daniel for it already. Daniel's eyes found hers when the pilot announced they were landing soon and she could see the excitement on his face. The time difference meant that it would be 3 AM on Saturday morning when they would arrive in Melbourne and even though in Italy, the evening was just starting, Emilia was excited to spend her first full day in the land down under. Half an hour later, the plane had safely landed and they could exit the aircraft.

Daniel and Emilia met up with Gia and Michael at the luggage belt before they walked over to the car rental to fix their car for the week. Daniel's parents were flying over from Perth on Monday, a few days earlier than they were initially meant to and Michael's parents were joining them. Emilia was excited to meet them and she felt honoured that Daniel wanted to introduce her to them. After the boys had sorted out the car stuff, they packed their suitcases in their vehicle and drove towards the hotel to get settled in. Emilia and Daniel's room was on the top floor, while Gia and Michael stayed one floor below them. They agreed to get a little bit of rest before they were going to explore the city and the friends said goodbye when Gia and Michael stepped out of the elevator while the other two stayed in to reach the top floor.

Emilia swiped the keycard to open the hotel room door and walked towards the bed in the middle of the room. Because of Daniel's job, he was used to staying in these types of suites, but Emilia still wasn't used to all the luxury. "Wow, this is beautiful!" Emilia exclaimed, looking around at the modern furniture, the big windows and the view of the city lights. The two of them quickly placed their suitcases in the corner of the room, both first wanting to get a little nap in. They got undressed and cuddled up in the bed, only now realizing they were both in Daniel's home country. "It's sad we don't get to visit Perth this week, but I promise I'm taking you there someday". Daniel said and Emilia looked up at him with a smile. She still couldn't believe how lucky she was to have found him on that holiday to LA and to be with him right now.

They fell asleep soon after, tired from the long flight and the time difference with Italy. After a few hours of sleep, their alarm woke them up around 9 o'clock. They had agreed to meet Gia and Michael for breakfast and to explore the city together, so Emilia quickly jumped out of bed to get showered and dressed while Daniel unpacked his suitcase and hopped in the shower after, while his girlfriend was doing her makeup in the bathroom mirror. He stripped himself from the shorts and boxers he was wearing and he could see Emilia watch him in the reflection from the corner of his eye. Daniel didn't want her to notice that he had caught her staring, but a little teasing wouldn't hurt anyone. He turned on the water to let it heat up a bit and before he stepped in the shower, he flexed his biceps to pretend to scratch his other arm. 

Daniel swore he could hear a small whimper leave her mouth, knowing she had told him before that she loved his arms and hands. He slowly approached her from behind and wrapped his arms around her, his naked front now pressed up against her back. Daniel moved her hair over her shoulder and leaned his face towards her ear before he softly whispered: "It's impolite to stare, missy". He could see the blushes creep up on her face when she realized she had been caught and he playfully squeezed her waist before he turned around to step into the shower. Emilia quickly finished her makeup, the blush not leaving her cheeks while he was showering behind her and after another fifteen minutes, they were both ready to head out the door.