19 | Life is good

Emerson Leif - Wake Up With You:
'I think you're caught in my head. You and everything that you say. I wish I could play it cool, but you got the kinda body that keeps me holding onto every little move you make'

Being in the car with their boyfriends, travelling towards their home in Monaco was something the girls couldn't have dreamed of until recently. The trip from Nice airport to Monte Carlo was fairly short, only about half an hour and with all the catching up they had to do, it flew by. Daniel drove them straight to his apartment, Gia and Michael only heading to his own place later. "Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous". Emilia said when they drove around the streets of the town, along the coastline by the harbour. "We have to make sure to have a boat day this week!" Michael said and the girls excitedly clapped their hands. It made Emilia think of her first official date with Daniel, the day she told him everything about Marcus and the moment she knew she was in love with him. "That sounds amazing". Emilia said, catching Daniel's eyes in the rearview mirror, looking straight at her. He was probably thinking the same.

About five minutes later, Daniel drove the car into the parking garage of his apartment building. Gia decided to leave her suitcase in the car, they were headed to Michael's place in a bit anyway. "So, here we are.." Daniel said when they got out of the elevator and were stood in front of his apartment door. He was holding Emilia's suitcase and fiddling with the keys in the lock until he pushed the door open. The girls and Michael followed him inside and Emilia couldn't believe she was finally seeing the home she had seen on FaceTime so many times. She walked around for a bit, taking a look at the pictures on the shelves. A few of his family; his parents, his sister and her husband and his little nephew. A few of his accomplishments; pictures from his karting days and of course a couple of shoeys on the podium in Formula 1. And lastly, there was a picture of them together.

Emilia felt the tears form in her eyes when she saw the picture someone took of them, the night the boys came over for a movie night in LA. The two of them were sitting on the sofa together, watching the movie but even now, Emilia saw the attraction between them. She knew they were holding hands there, but only the two of them would know. She had never seen the picture before, which made it so much more special to see it here in Daniel's home. She quickly wiped away the tear that was rolling down her cheek when she felt Daniel wrap his arms around her from behind, giving her a light kiss in her hair. "I'm so glad to finally be able to hold you again". He said and Emilia smiled at him. She turned around in his embrace, locked her hands behind his neck and looked at her boyfriend, standing so close to her for the first time in a month.

Daniel's eyes flickered from hers towards her lips almost instantly and she understood his desire. Emilia stood up on her tippy toes and placed a soft kiss on his lips, her fingers running through the hairs on the back of his neck. "I missed you so much, but I'm so proud of all of your race results". She said and Daniel smiled. "Thank you baby. Come on, I'll show you around". He said before he took her hand, intertwined his fingers with hers and pulled her away from the shelves. "Well, you've seen the living room. This is the kitchen.." He said, pointing towards the open kitchen when they reached the other side of the space. Next, he took her into the hallway. "This is the bathroom, I have another one attached to my room so this one is just extra. Here we have the spare bedroom, Michael stays here sometimes but it's mostly just empty". Daniel said, pointing at another door.

"And finally, this is my bedroom". He said while opening the door. Emilia recognized the place immediately, they had lots of FaceTime calls when Daniel was at home, lying in his bed or just walking around the place. His bed was big and grey and looked like the softest thing on the planet. Across from it was a little dresser with a huge tv on top. On the other side of the room was the door to the closet and what Emilia assumed would be the other bathroom. She walked around before she sat down on the bed, looking at the wall where Daniel had more shelves, these ones filled with trophies. "You know how to impress a girl, don't you?" She joked when Daniel came back inside the room, this time with her suitcase following behind her. "I can't help it, just look at me!" He said, jokingly flexing his biceps and it made Emilia giggle.