3 | Be patient

Emeli Sandé - Clown:
'I'll be your clown, behind the glass. Go 'head and laugh 'cause it's funny, I would too if I saw me. I'll be your clown on your favourite channel. My life's a circus circus, round in circles, selling out tonight'

Emilia woke up due to the sun shining on her face through a gap in the blinds and for the first time in forever, she had dreamed about something else than sponsored posts, Instagram ads and fights with her ex-boyfriend. She hadn't felt this rested in ages and even though their trip had only just begun, Emilia could tell this was exactly what she needed. She smiled thinking back on last night, dancing with her best friends and meeting new people. Daniel's smile had wandered around in her head ever since she saw it for the first time and the thought of seeing him again tonight excited her. Emilia got up out of bed, washed her face and brushed her teeth before she headed to the kitchen where the other girls had laid out an amazing breakfast spread. "Goodmorning sleeping beauty". Isabel said and she gave her best friend a hug. "I can get used to this". Emilia said when she sat down at the kitchen table and the girls laughed before starting their first meal of the day.

The rest of the morning and early afternoon consisted of swimming and tanning by the pool. Mentally, Emilia was going through the clothes she brought, to pick an outfit for tonight. "What are you guys wearing tonight?" She asked her friends and Gia giggled. "Is someone getting nervous already?" She asked and Emilia playfully stuck out her tongue to the girl on the lounger next to her. "I was thinking of my burnt orange playsuit and some heels. What about you?". Isabel said from the other side. "Maybe I'll wear my baby blue summer dress, I have never worn it before but it would be perfect for tonight". Emilia said while taking out her phone and scrolling through Instagram. She responded to a few comments on her latest post when she noticed a notification at the top of her screen.

Daniel ✌🏻:
Hey! How's it going? Just wanted to check if you girls were still planning on coming to the bbq tonight? Michael hasn't stopped talking about Gia since he woke up this morning.. 😄

Emilia :
Hi! Just laying by the pool at the moment, discussing our outfits for tonight. Same for Gia, looks like they're into each other. And yes, we're coming, looking forward to it! 😊

Daniel ✌🏻:
That's good to hear. Enjoy the rest of your afternoon and I'll see you tonight around 6? By the way, you'll look beautiful whatever you wear.. 😄

Emilia's eyes widened, did he just flirt with her? He had sent her the address as a second message and Emilia shook her head. 'He probably just wanted to sound nice'. She told the girls about his text and informed them of the time they were expected to be there and they decided to start getting ready pretty early. The girls all showered in their own rooms and afterwards, they moved their outfits and makeup over to Emilia's room so they could all get ready together. Gia opened her Spotify and started playing the songs of their holiday playlist they put together on the plane. "We're just dancing the night away, boy you feel like a holiday!" They sang, danced and laughed while doing their makeup and hair and by the time 5.30 rolled around, they all looked amazing. Emilia took a photo of the three of them to post on her Stories and ordered an Uber to the address Daniel had sent her.

Half an hour later, the three girls arrived at Daniel's house. Gia and Isabel walked ahead to the door, while Emilia stayed back a little. She felt nervous again, even though she knew Daniel would be nothing but nice to her. When Michael opened the door, she smiled as she walked past him with Isabel. Gia started chatting with her crush, the girls knew they wouldn't see much of her all night. "Hey, you're here". Emilia heard someone say behind her and when she turned around she saw Daniel and Nick standing in the kitchen with drinks in their hands. His smile was even bigger than it was yesterday and he looked more relaxed. Probably because he was at home. He was wearing a backwards baseball cap and a Dodgers jersey with some shorts and Emilia had to admit, he looked really good. "Hi". She said shyly and Daniel offered her one of the drinks he was holding. "It may be a little strong, Nick made it and almost dropped the entire bottle in". The boys laughed and Emilia remembered what made her feel so comfortable with them last night.