Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven 

“You all look wonderful.” The Princess told us. “We are done just in time the ball is about to start, let’s go find my mother.” She walked out and we followed her. 

“Averill have you seen your brothers? They have not arrived.” The Queen looked horrified.

“No I have not mother they should have been here by now.” The Princess went pale and looked sickly. 

“I will send guards to go look for them, they might be near.” The King walked away. He also looked worried. 

“Let’s hope they are running late.” The Queen looked like she was about to pass out.

“My Queen lets sit, you look faint.” I told her.

“Thanks Crissy, your kind.” She turned and began to walk into a room that looked like a huge living room. 

“You’re welcome Your Highness.” We all sat down and waited. 

“Mother should we start the Ball and show up a bit late? We don’t want them to wonder…” The Princess stood up.

“That’s a good idea Averill.” She looked away. “Go tell the musicians to start playing music meanwhile we show up.” The Princess walked away. 

About thirty minutes passed before we heard anything. We were sitting in silence, the Queen still looked distracted. We were all patiently waiting to hear from them. We could hear the music from the ball. 

“My Queen, My Queen! They have arrived!” Jane was running into the room panting. “They are getting dressed, Prince Theodore was hurt.” My heard beat slowed. Hurt? 

“Where is he?” the Queen stood and began to walk towards Jane.

“Prince Theodore is getting dressed; he got stabbed on the side by a werewolf in human form. He insisted he attend the Ball with one of the girls.” I quickly looked down; a werewolf? I must have heard him wrong. 

“Take the girls to the main corridor, we will all meet there.” The Queen quickly walked out and we stood.

“Is he alright?” I asked Jane.

“He will be fine; the Dr. Curtis checked it out and stitched him up quickly.” She smiled at us. “Are you excited? You get to be accompanied by a Prince! So many girls dream to be in your place."

“What am I gunna do about Ayden?” 

“Who is this Ayden?” Jane looked confused.

“Her boyfriend, what will I do about mine?” Honey gave me a worried look.

“Well, you can not refuse a Prince.” She gave us a stern look. When we got to the main corridor Princess Averill was there with the King. We bowed and stood beside them. 

After about another thirty minutes the Queen walked down the stairs followed by three guys. My heart stopped they were tall, very muscular, coal black hair, nice full lips, and big emerald eyes surrounded by thick lashes. They were all wearing a full black suit with a tie that matched their eye color, and our dresses. 

My palms got sweaty and my heart was beating very fast. I had to take deep breaths or I knew for sure I would pass out. 

“Crissy, step forward.” The Queen ordered. I stood in front of her and bowed, “Theodore this is Crissy Daniels.’’ He walked toward me and I almost fainted.

“Delighted to meet you Crissy.” I bowed and he took my hand and pressed his soft lips on it. I could feel his warm breath on my skin. “You look beautiful tonight.” I felt blood rush to my face and I looked down.