Chapter 1- Mission

Three years ago...

Jasmine POV

I slowly trail down the marble staircase, blood smeared across the steps. I make it to the landing while trying to keep it quiet.

Walking down the hall, there are bodies scattered across the floor, it was dark and I could barely see anything.

As I was about to turn the corner, I heard heavy footsteps approaching. I kept my gun to my side and reached for my blade that was attached to my thigh strap. I peered around the corner, my hand grasping the blade, and stepped out, only to see my cousin Sebastian standing right in front of me. We both jumped at the sight of each other.

"Really Sebastian you scared the shit out of me." I whispered angrily.

"What do you mean, you're the one pointing the gun and blade at me." He responded with frustration.

"Did you find him?"

"No, I didn't." He pulled a tablet out of his vest and showed me a blueprint of the house, "but I know for sure he's hiding in one of these rooms."

"Ok, let's go get him."

This man we were looking for was dangerous, well not as dangerous as us, but dangerous. His name was Rico Gonzalez, we caught him trying to steal intel about our mafia that we preferred to keep secret, like things from our past that were better off staying hidden, he tried to hack into our accounts and stole millions. He messed with our familia.

And no one messes with the De Leon Family. No one.

This house was huge. Sebastian and I continued to walk through the halls, we were getting closer to the room that we were sure he was hiding in.

Then we heard voices in the distance, there wasn't a place to hide, I stood on one side of the hall while Sebastian stood on the other, our hands on our guns.

I peered around the corner, there were five men in suits walking swiftly, they looked mad. I motioned to Sebastian to slowly walk across the hall without making a sound so that he was standing by my side. As the distant voices silenced, Sebastian gave me the ball and told me to quickly throw it at the men, and I did.

"Fuck wrong one." Sebastian scoffed.

"Are you being serious right now, we could have got hurt." I rolled my eyes and slapped the back of his head. It was a damn grenade that left quite the damage, we were lucky.

We come across a metal door, I try to move the handle only to realise that it was locked, I looked to Sebastian, "You said it was this room." He showed me the tablet with the blueprint of the room showing a heat signature.

I then took out two small bombs from my belt and attached them to either side of the door, we stepped back, and I pressed the button on my wrist.

The door exploded outwards. We held our guns up and rushed in. Rico was tied to a chair, blood smeared across his face and chest. There was a bulb that was hovering above him. There was a tall figure towering over him from behind, he had a large knife in his hand lathered in blood. Sebastian stood near where the door was, in case anyone was still out there, I walked a bit closer to Rico, he winced in pain as the figure scraped the blade against his bloodied skin.

The man is wearing a white dress shirt, which was now splattered in blood. He had a dark mask that only covered half his face.

"No please, I won't do it again, I promise please just let me go."
He begged and pleaded. I step forward and shouted "Hey, stop whatever you're doing, and put the knife down." I hold my gun tightly in front of me aiming it at the man, he came out of the shadows and into the light. My eyes met his.