LXII. Hell of a Hard Night

Start from the beginning

Thank you, Mauricio.

You may not like me, but right now, I like you. Well, I dislike you less.

I raced after Amoli, or walk as fast as I can. My sick stomach refused to cooperate, so I lost Amoli. I didn't understand why I was rushing; I know precisely where she is heading. The bedroom door slammed close, which caused me to leap back. Steadily, I cracked the door open to see a huge ball rolled underneath the sheets.

I closed the door and settle beside a tearjerking Amoli, "Are you okay?"

A muffled respond.

"Amoli. I-"

She threw the blankets off, revealing her red crying eyes. "I know what you're going to say-" she inhaled a sharp breath, "I told you so Amoli. He won't change. That's who he is, an insensitive cold-hearted fucktard!" her voice raised.

Anger.

That's all she was feeling.

I rubbed her shaking back. "Maybe, we can talk to him."

Her narrowed eyes shot towards me. "Talk to him?" she hissed lowly before screaming, "Talk to him! Do you not fucking see what had happened out there? You want me to fucking talk to him?!"

"Maybe-" Liam crossed my mind, "maybe he has a reason to why he is behaving that way. Maybe...we aren't who we think he is and we had always assumed what he thinks which may be wrong." I felt heavier and heavier with each word.

My mind strayed from the woman beside me. When I look at her, I noticed how my words only further anger Amoli as her face turned red. "Get out."

I sighed, "Amoli."

"Get out!"

My head rings.

She threw the blankets back on top of her. My headache was only growing worse, so I decided to talk to her tomorrow. I took a sniff and stood up, heading out of the bedroom. My legs motion towards the only room popped up in my mind. I rest in the bedroom beside Liam.

The moment my body sink into bed, everything felt right. Particurly, with the sweet silence. It felt as if everyone had been screaming into my ears the whole day.

The night further along and the coughing competition began.

Due to our shared bathroom, our coughs seemingly echoed.

He coughed.

I coughed.

Then, he took his turn.

It was like we were in a competition to see who was dying first.

Liam coughed for ten minutes straight.

He won.

He is dying.

I threw the blanket off and crawled towards the restroom. The sound of his coughs overpowered the urination. After I washed my hands, Liam was still coughing.

Hesistantly, I cracked his door opened to see the whole room practically lit up. There was four dimmed night light on each wall. "He might as well sleep with the lights on," I grumbled.

My legs sneaked towards his bed, and I exhaled at the sight. His body was bundled up, but still shaking. I held my hand over his forehead, feeling him burning up more than ever. I grabbed a cup of water from the kitchen and came back; nudging his shoulder. "Psst! Liam!" I whispered.

"What the hex are you doing? Whispering won't wake him up," I said, before shaking him harder, "Wake up!"

His eyes shot open, and he threw his body upward. Liam groaned, placing his palm against his forehead. Most likely sat upward too fast, "Hey, you okay?" I settled at the edge of the bed.

Liam took a few blinks to adjust his sights before he shook his head. "Who are you?" His eyes narrowed as his dried lips pressed together.

"I am a unicorn who had to bring you the clearest aqua of the all." I presented him the water. "Drink and thou shall maintain some youtha."

I knew the fever was getting to me too.

I could barely hold the cup up without shaking.

"V-Vivian?"

"No, its a leprechaun. Now, consume the youtha aqua."

He groaned, "I don't want to."

We are not doing this right now.

"Drink it."

He lazily pushes the water away, "I don't want to."

He was getting on my very thin last nerve. "Fine. Then, I'll drink it." I scoffed and started drinking the liquid as if its the most delicious thing in the world.

Liam swallowed, staring at me, inhaling the water. He grabbed my shirt, "I want to drink it too."

The way he was pouting.

Oh, save me, Lord!

I felt like I committed a sin. 

"Fine. I'll let you drink because I'm nice." I gave him the other half of the water, and he drank the rest. He released a deep breath, wiping off the liquid from his lip, and nodded endlessly. I placed the empty glass on the nightstand.

Liam dropped on top of my body, and I awkwardly half laid on the bed. "Sleepy," he whispered into my ear.

I thought he was playing around until I heard a slight whistling sound from his plugged nose. I smacked him, "Psst! Hey!"

His hot body was getting too much for me. Pressing my arm underneath his sweaty drool-worthy abs, I tried to roll him off only to have him threw me into the center of the bed.

"You've got to be kidding me."

It was going to be one hell of a night.

He poked me.

It was going to be one hell of a hard night.