XXXVI. Lessen the Pain

Start from the beginning

"Take care of him!"

"Why me? Why not you?"

"Because you're his boss! Boss take care of their underlings!"

He somehow made it sound as if we were all in a gang.

"But-"

"No, buts!"

At that moment, I wondered who is the superior. Since I am Becca's assistant, I stand above Earl despite his work history at the company.

I grunted and stood up, "Fine, but I am not happy about this."

"Expressing your emotions. Good. That will be useful at the company gathering."

"The company what?"

"Gathering."

"When?"

"Next month or something."

"When did we decide that?"

"Did you not get the email?"

I grabbed my mouse and clicked on one email after another until I received a letter about a company gathering. I had opened it, but I remember reading it very briefly.

I groaned, "I should've read the whole thing."

Earl shook his head, "First you neglect your employee, and now you neglect your workplace." He slaps one hand above his palm. "Get your shit toge-"

"Hey!" I shouted, not caring if the employees passing at me was staring. "Watch your words! I'm still your superior!"

Earl stepped back, placing his hands over his mouth. "You are not angry at Earl." He tried to do a weird mind trick before escaping.

I twisted my lip and walked towards Liam, who's gaze was in the distance, "Go home."

He looks at me.

"You're no help here with your wound. Go home."

"How can you be so cold?" I leaped at the voice behind me. Mila and Earl were standing behind me with disapproving looks.

"How can you say that to our Liam." Mila took a seat beside Liam and cooed him. "I mean look at this handsome face." She pinched his cheeks causing Liam to flinch.

"Sweetheart. Vivian. You need to learn how to nicer to your underlings. Liam is working hard under you, and you are above him-" somehow that sounds wrong, "You need to ensure his health is safe, so he can put all his effort in making you arrive to your goals."

Earl nodded eagerly, "Yes, to reach your desires. You need support. You need Liam."

Again, why do their words sound so wrong?

"Don't you two have work to do? Should I tell Ms.Baker about all your free time?" I mildly threaten them.

Mila stood up and walk away with Earl. They bumped into each other with whispers of blames under their breaths.

"Come on," I told Liam, who sat there in his own thoughts, "Are you going to disobey your superior?"

Liam stood up and followed me towards the staff break room, "Sit down," I commanded, and he settled on the couch. I took out the medications from my purse. I grabbed two pills and pushed it towards him. "Your doctor told me if you're in too much pain, you should take these."

Liam blinked and stared at the pills. He pushed it back, "It doesn't hurt."

I push forward, "Take it."

He pushes back, "I am fine."

"It will lessen the pain."

"No."

"Liam. I'm trying to help you. Take it or go home."

He didn't respond.

"Liam."

He continued to ignore me.

"Liam!" I barked.

"I don't want it!" He slapped the pills out of my palm.

My body trembled at his vicious voice, and I unconsciously stepped back. I watch as the pills roll to the other side of the room.

When it settled on the floor with small circular motions, I glared at Liam who was still focus on the two little dots.

"You wonder why I left?" My voice was low, filled with taunting laughter in between each word, "This is why I left."