A new Beginning

So today is your first day as an peds attending at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital. You have worked in different Hospitals but got a great offer to work here. You are a little bit nervous but excited to start here and work with some of the best doctors.

*Bailey sees you walking into the hospital and greets you*

Y/N: Nice to meet you dr. Bailey, I'm ready to start and I'm looking forward working with you.
Bailey: That's the same for me. We've heard some great things about you and we think you will fit in well. I will show you the attending's lounge, you can meet some of the others there.

*You are walking into the attending's lounge*

Bailey: Goodmorning everyone, I like to introduce you to the new peds attending; y/n.
Y/n: Hey everyone I'm y/n and I've heard that you all are amazing docters and can work as an amazing team. I'm looking forward getting to know all of you and working together.
Derek: It is really nice to meet you I'm Derek Shephard, Neuro.
Cristina: So are you as good as they say?
Y/n: You will find out yourself but I think I'm not the worst docter.
Meredith: I think we will get to know eachother soon enough.

You have talked with eachother for some minutes and got to know most of the other attendings. They are all very kind to you and want to make you feel comfterble. Most of them have worked here for a long time and are like family to eachother.
They tell you to not worry to much and just find your way around.

*Then someone else walks into the room*

*You hear a women talking about a parent that's giving her a hard time and then You turn your head to see who it is. She introduces herself to you*

Arizona: Hi, I'm Arizona head of peds.
Y/n: Hi, I'm y/n the new peds attending. So we will work a lot together then.
Arizona: Yes and I'm looking forward to get to know you more. I will give you a tour right now and we can talk a bit.
Y/n: Sounds good, we need to become a strong team.

*You both laugh at eachother*

Arizona: Does anyone gave you some scrubs?
Y/n: Actually no. I think Bailey forgot it.
Arizona: Then we will start the tour at the locker room where you can get some scrubs.
Y/n: Thanks Arizona. So are you always so nice?
Arizona: Yes I'm a nice person and it's not an act.

*You both smile at eachother as you enter the locker room. Arizona waits outside while you put the scrubs on*

After changing you are fully ready for the day. Arizona takes you through the hospital and you end the tour at the peds wing. Arizona tells you the latest updates on the patients. She tells that she is having an operation on a kid later today and ask if you want to join.

Y/n: I would love to join you with the operation. What is the case?
Arizona: It is a 4 year old girl with a difficult tumor in her abdomen. I could use an extra pair of good hands and I want to see how you work in the OR.
Y/n: That's all good. It almost sounds like you're going to judge me. *You laugh*
Arizona: Don't laugh. Because I'm going to judge you.
*She winks*

Y/n: So if you're going to judge, what are the points you're looking at?
Arizona: That's a secret and only I know them.
Y/n: So you're like a nice bitch? *you start laughing again*
Arizona: I would call it more like I'm a badass. So do you want to grab some lunch together? Only if you can handle this nice badass bitch. *She starts laughing*

Y/n: Why not, I have to be in the OR with you and lunch will be our warm-up then I think. You can tell some details about the girl.

You walk together to the canteen and talk about life. Arizona told you about her favorite movie and music. Just a bit social talk. You talk about the hospitals you worked at and your favorite food. You grab something to eat and sit down at a table. It seems you and Arizona can get along and you think that you find the right hospital to develop as a doctor. You finish lunch and walk to the OR. You get a little nervous before you walk in the scrub room. Arizona notice your nerves and let you know that it will all be allright.

Arizona: Your first surgery at Grey Sloan y/n! I feel like you and I are going to be a super team.
Y/n: Say that again after the surgery, when you make your decision if I did a good job.
Arizona: You better be good or you will not pass my test.

*You both laugh and finish scrubbing and walk into the OR*

A few hours later you finish the surgery and everything went well. There were some bleeders but you found them quick and made sure the bleeders stopped. You and Arizona worked great together and it felt like the two of you worked together for longer then just one day. It was now time to find the parents and tell them the good news.

Parents: How did it go?
Arizona: Everting went well and she will be awake in 20 minutes.
Y/n: She will be fine, dr. Robbins did an amazing job.
Arizona: With a little help.

*The parents gave both of you a hug and thanked you for everything*

You went back to the peds wing to check on the little girl.

Arizona: So we haven't talked about the test, but you passed.
Y/n: Oh that makes me so happy.

*You give eachother a high-five*

Arizona: You are a really quick thinker. You saw the bleeders and stopped them before I saw them. It is really impressing to be honest.
Y/n: Stop it. You did the most of the surgery and in a way I never seen before. I think I can learn a lot from you.
Arizona: Do you have any plans for tonight? I thought maybe we can get a drink and talk a bit more. We need to get to know more about eachother.
Y/n: That sounds great. So meet me in the lobby in half an hour?
Arizona: Yes, see you in 30 minutes y/n.