Chapter 27: Divorce and forgiveness

Lisa's PoV

I was currently helping Tzuyu to bath and after bathing her I get the towel drying her up..

She's just staring at me and a smile suddenly crept into her face..

"Alexis"

"Hmmm" I humm but stop when I just realized what she just called me..

"Can I just continue to call you Alexis?" She asked making me smile..

"Of course.. if that's what you want" I said kissing her hand and she smile..

My phone then suddenly rings.. as I quickly get a bathrobe giving it to her..

"Answer your phone" she said as I nod and look at the caller but see an unknown number..

I frown but still answered it.. "Hello? Who's this?" I asked

Tzuyu just looked at me curiously as I guided her to get out from the bathroom..

"Hello, am I speaking with Lisa Manoban?" A man asked

"Yes.. it's Lisa Manoban, How may I help you" I answered, Tzuyu then asked me to put it on speaker so I did...

"Good morning Ms. Manoban, I'm Junu Jung I'm the family lawyer of your wife Jennie Kim and I'm calling to informed you that the divorce papers are already filed and on process" he suddenly said making me silent..

The divorce papers..

Tzuyu then looked at me seriously as she let me sit down on the bed..

"I- did Jennie signed it?" I asked..

"Yes Ms. Manoban and I'm asking you to cooperate for the process to be done.." he said as I sigh..

So Jennie did really signed it.. am I supposed to be happy or not?

This is what I asked right?

But why do I feel a pang of pain all of a sudden...

And what does she mean when she said she's going to wait..

Goshh.. why am I even thinking about that..

"Okay.. what do I needed to do" I sigh and Tzuyu hold my free hand..

"You and your wife needs to talk about the division of joints properties besides that you might have to attend some of the hearings.." he said

"Uhmm.. can I just ask our family lawyer to get through the documents and other process.. I'm not in New Zealand right now" I said and looked at Tzuyu..

"Yes Ms. Manoban.."

"Okay.. Thank you I'll just contact him and he'll be the one to get through the process" I said..

After some briefing I ended the call and glance at Tzuyu and smile at her..

"Are you okay?" She asked..

"Why wouldn't I?" I smile and stand up getting clothes for her..

"Here let me help you" I said helping her to put on her clothes..

"Are you really going to continue the divorce.." she said looking at me intently..

I nod "Both of us have already signed it and she have already submitted it. There's no turning back so within a few months I'm going to be free"