Prologue

I keep calling my wife but she's not picking it up.

Did she forgot that I will have check up today?

I looked at myself in the mirror one more time and hold my not so big baby bump.

"I'm so excited to know your gender my baby" I whispered caressing it.

I took my phone and check if Lisa called back but saw no notification.

I sigh. Since she became a world wide known photographer she have been having many clients around the world and from many big companies. She's also been traveling a lot to meet those clients and also to take good sceneries and everything what her eyes capture.

She just got back from Paris yesterday and informed that she doesn't have much clients today.

She promised that she would accompany me on today's check up, but why is she still not here..

Well we're currently staying here in New Zealand because my family businesses are here and me and my cousin Jisoo is the one handling it, but since I got pregnant I take a maternal leave.

You might be thinking how come I got pregnant. Well my wonderful wife have a special case, that's why she manage to get me pregnant.

I decided to wait for a while and after like 30 minutes.. finally my phone rang, I smile looking at the caller,

"Are you on your way?" I asked happily but my face change hearing her answer.

"I'm sorry love, the photoshoot is taking a while than I expected. This might still go for at least an hour" she answered carefully

"So are you coming or not?" I asked even though I already know she won't but I'm still hoping that she would say.. she's rushing over here.

"I'll ask your cousin, Jisoo to accompany you" she said making me close my eyes, disappointed as I exhale sharply

I get up irritatedly.

"You're always like this! Why can't you just spare us some time-"

"-No need to bother her! I would go alone!" I sulk getting annoyed and ended the call.

She promise me!

I prepared my things and angrily walk out from the room.

I can't help getting stressed while walking down the stairs. She have stood me up many times saying theirs a sudden client or she's busy.

I even re-schedule my check ups for her to accompany me but still she can't come.

In the middle of the stairs I looked for my car keys but it's not inside the my bag. I sigh frustratedly.

Okay my mood is getting worse.

I turned around about to go back to my room.

But then I didn't notice that my step have missed the stairs and my toes only touched the edge of the stairs making me trip.

My eyes widen as my hands let go of the railings..

And everything seems to happened so fast.

As I opened my eyes I was already slumped on the floor. My vision is blurry and I can't move my body.

I wail in pain remembering my unborn baby. Then I noticed my opened bag who's just beside me and saw the phone inside.

My trembling hands with my not clear vision I tried to reach it and with so much struggle I manage to get it.

I quickly dial my wife who's in the recent call..

"Pleas-e pick up" I whispered weakly

But to my dismay she's not answering. I tried once again but it already rang many times yet she's not picking up.

I cried in despair losing hope as I started to feel light-headed.

And with my fuzzy vision I manage to contact my cousin.

"Hello Jendeukie" I heard her cheerful voice ringing on my head

"Jiso-o Un-nie" I called desperately hoping that she have heard my weak voice.

"Jen - Jennie!"

"Hello Jenn!"

_____

Yow yow. So this is my 3rd new story 😁. Hmmm,. Hoping that you would also give support to this story just like my other finished books..

By the way Enjoy reading 😉..