Chapter 17: Sickness

Jennie's PoV

I am standing beside my office window looking at the busy street of New Zealand..

After 3 weeks of meetings, plannings and preparations and staying in the Philippines my cousin and I finally got back here..

That 3 weeks is really hectic as we still have to check the location, bid for a construction company, review the financial budget and etc.

I didn't even have the time to properly tour around the country as we have to go back immediately because we can't leave the company that long.

Well we went there for business not for fun.. my inner self mock

But after 3 months we will go back in the Philippines to check the progress. We have send a project manager to supervise the project and update us for the progress. He just called saying that they have started.

I sigh sadly.. sipping from my glass of wine.. tired from doing paperworks..

Today.. today was supposed to be my wedding anniversary..

But I'm celebrating it alone again, another year of celebrating it without Lisa..

I sit down on my chair looking at the picture beside my computer..

Me and Lisa's wedding photo..

We're both smiling looking so in love to each other.. how I missed this moment of us.

I can't help but to caress her face through the frame..

How many years do you still need to finally come back..

Am I going to celebrate our anniversary alone again next year?

Tzuyu's PoV

I looked at the mirror inside the bathroom looking at my appearance.

I can't help but to cry..

I look really sick..

2 weeks ago I went to the hospital to have a check up for feeling pains in my back and abdomen. I also noticed how the color of my skin and eyes is slightly changing and my skin are starting to get itchy.. And I am also feeling tired lately even if I didn't do much work..

I told the doctor everything I'm feeling and after that they did some test to me and I anxiously waited for hours praying that it's nothing serious because I saw how the doctor look at me seriously just saying the symptoms I'm going through..

But I never thought that I would found out a serious result.. that would crash my hope

I'm diagnosed having a Pancreatic cancer.. the same cancer that killed my grandmother..

And what worst is it's already an Stage 4.. where it's not curable anymore..

When I found out about it I broke down..

I don't know how to say this to my parents specially now that they have went back into Taiwan, also to Alex and my son..

How could I tell to them that I'm not going to live that long...

I still wanted to see my son grow up and have his own family...

Is this my karma for stealing someone's wife?

I cry in despair and bitterness.. maybe it really is..

How would Alex react if she finds out about this..