Chapter 12: Shopping for Sadness

Start from the beginning

I leant against the wall behind me, unsure on what to do until Serena comes back.

"The dress suits you." Sedrick said after a long, very awquard silence.

"T-thanks." I replied. I was just happy that it covered up the bite mark on my neck.

"So...The usual small talk is 'have you seen any good films lately', isn't it? But in your case, I don't think films have been on the top of your list." he mocked.

"Haha you are sooo funny it's unbelieveable. Why is it that you got kicked out of the house again? Being too funny?" I replied, he's started to get under my skin again and I haven't even been talking to him for more then a couple of hours.

"Damn you still haven't gotten any better at those comebacks, I almost feel sorry for you. By the way, did my invatation for the introduction thing get lost in the post? I guess not considering that people never send letters anymore..."

"What? For the thing on Saturday?"

"Yeah, I was all set, I had my tux picked out and even arranged a date but I guess I'm not inivited..."

"Are lots of people going then? Are all of them vampires? Do I have to meet all of them?" I asked, beginning to panic at the thought of being trapped in a room full of people that are vampires.

"Haha, just chill Trouble, only the important people in town are gonna be there aswell as the whole vampire household that you, well I suppose I now live with will be there. Oh and the slayers....Do you think this means I'm invited? I better tell my date to get something hot to wear." he said, thoughts going elsewhere.

"We have shoes, jewellery, hair stuff and even a little bit of make up. You can slip out of the dress now Candice, we have all we need so lets get home before the vampires wake up and see you as a walking blood bag." she said.

I went into the dressing room and got dressed as quick as I could, shuddering at the thoughts of having a bunch of hungry vampires, sucking the blood from my neck.

I handed the dress to Serena once out of the shop and she paid for it using a small card.

It made me wonder what type of currency that the people here would be using, surely the government didn't know about this place, otherwise all of the vampires etc. would have been killed by the army.

Sedrick and Serena waved goodbye to Shadow and then we all left the shop as quickly as we could, outside it was dark and there was no street lamps on either.

Sedrick started the car quickly, me and Serena sat in the back, she continued talking about weddings and clothes, I stared out the window into the darkness.

I suppose that's what I'll be seeing for the next chapter of my life, darkness.

I'm going to marry the vampire head, do whatever else he says so that I can leave, go home and be with my mother and brother.

The car was well on it's way out of town before I even realised that we were moving.

Serena was still talking to herself, going on about shoes and dresses, I really didn't know if she ever noticed that people zoned out whilst she was talking.

I looked around the car, taking in everything in my surroundings from the gloves that were hanging off of the dash board in the front of the car, to the bottle of water in the front passenger side door.

I looked into the rear view mirror, Sedrick was gazing at me, trying to catch my eyes.

He looked at me as if to say 'I know what you're feeling and you've got to do something about it' and so I turned away, he couldn't tell me how to run my life, especially when I'm only doing this to get back to my life.

"Sedrick, could you stop at the next house, I've gotta date this evening and my friend Raven promised to help me get ready." Serena said, looking through her phone messages.

"Ohh a date." he teased, "Who's the unlucky guy?" he continued, getting a smack on the arm from Serena.

"Haha very funny." she replied sarcastically, "And just because of that, you don't get to know who." 

"Ah c'mon, I was only joking. Is it somebody I need to warn about how to treat my sister?" Sedrick said, trying to act mature.

"No it most definately is not. I want to keep this certain person a secret from you as long as possible, I know how you and Malik act towards any boyfriends I have." Serena said, shuddering from a memory.

"Hey! I'm not as bad as him, he's just a douche, where as I'm doing it for the welfare of my twin sister who is also younger then me."

"Yeah by twelve minutes!"

"Whatever. Is this the turning?" he said, slowing the car down outside a driveway.

"Yeah, just pull up, I can run the rest of the way." she said, within a second of the car stopping, she was out the door which was now closed and she was halfway up the drive.

"Do you wanna move into the front of the car? Although it might be best if you climb across the seats because of all of the vampires out on the prowl. We wouldn't want any old vampire picking up your smell and then following us on the way home, would we?" Sedrick said and then held out a hand for me to take so that I could climb across the seats.

I ignored his hand and began clambering across the seats, plopping myself down on the seat beside him.

"Really? You don't want my help?" Sedrick said, referring to how I ignored the help of his hand, I hoped.

"A hand can't help me, even if I wanted it to." I replied.

"Whatever. Now, let's get you back to Malik, he'll be wondering where we are. Although you might wanna strap in, I'm gonna see how fast this baby goes!" Sedrick said, and then reved the engine.

I quickly snapped my seat belt in place, grabbing hold of whatever I could.

"Brace yourself, I'm gonna floor this baby!" Sedrick shouted, gave me a devilish smile and then puched his foot on the excellerator.

I screamed at the force the car sped at, I was flung, back into my seat, gripping hold of the chair with my hands for dear life.

The car sped around the corners, squeeling tires was all that could be heard above my screams.

There was adrenaline, rushing through my body like it were my blood, bursting through my veins and exhilarating me to the brink.

"Watch out for that wolf!" I shrieked, spotting a wolf running out infront of us.

Sedrick swerved the car, missing the wolf but hitting onto the curb.

The car rolled several times, I shut my eyes, hoping that it was all just a horrible dream and I was going to wake up in several minutes, sweating.

The car rolled over for a final time, landing on its roof, stopping upside down.

I felt a warmth dripping down the side of my face, opening my eyes and seeing Sedricks limp body against the seat belt.

All was silent.

I felt so cold.

My seat belt had me trapped against the chair, digging into my shoulder, tearing into my skin.

I felt cold and tired, sleep was all I needed.

I heard the smash of glass and saw the outstretched hand.

Everything went black.