Chapter 12: Shopping for Sadness

Start from the beginning

"Shut up! I know what I'm doing, I'm only doing it so I-"

"What? So you can go home? Do you really think it's going to be as easy as that? You'll regret making this decision the minute you say I do. Oh but that's just it, you already do regret it. I can see it in your eyes, you don't want to go through with this."

"What choice do I have?" I shouted, annoyed with his constant taunting and acting like he knows everything when he knows very little. "There is no other way I can leave and if I stay and don't do this, the slayers will attack and the would be no way I can leave if I'm dead! Besides, you were the one telling me that I was a big risk if I didn't follow through, that I was unreliable and you thought Malik putting your family in this position was stupid!"

"No! I didn't mean it like that, I was angry with Malik for making us in this position. And there is always a choice, you're just making the wrong one." 

"What? What other decision was there to make? I can't stay here all my life, I hate it enough as it is and if I have to live here for another fifty years then I'll go crazy! It's not as if you're magically gonna say to me 'guess what Candice? I'll take you home now and suffer the wrath of the slayers!' To hell you would ever say that! If you think I'm making such a bad decision, then give me another choice or at least tell me what the hell you think is the bloody right decision so that I can have another think on choising it or not!"

"Have you found anything you want yet?" Serena asked in her high pitched, appearing from behind the curtain with Shadow. "You haven't been looking, have you?" Serena said looking from me to Sedrick.

I waited for several seconds, wondering if her or Shadow had heard what were talking about. She must know that I'm not happy about being here but she seems oblivious to the fact that I was only marrying Malik as part of a deal that I get to leave not that long afterwards.

"No worries! I'll just help you find something!" she cheered in her feminine voice.

She took my hand and pulled me to a rail full of black dresses.

She started pulling out various dresses, holding them up to me and throwing the ones she didn't like back on the shelf.

She went through a whole rail before she even found one that went in the 'maybe' pile which she kindly used Sedrick as a human clothes rack.

"Ahh, I think we have a strong competator!" she shrieked and threw the dress at me, "go and try this on!" she said and then pushed me towards the dressing rooms.

I walked in there and shut the curtain behind me, making sure there was no peep holes.

I slipped off my own clothes and pulled the black dress over my head. It was low cut, tied up around the neck and the skirt part of the dress was ruffled nicely. 

It covered up the vampire bite scars nicely.

"OMG! You look A-May-Zing!" Shadow said, looking me up and down.

"She does but there are something things missing like the shoes, the jewellery, the make up and Oh God I nearly forgot the hair!" Serena said, looking on all the different shelves for stuff to accompany my outfit.

"Shadow can we please use some of the things that you showed me in the back? I know Candice is a first time customer but I'm your favourite customer!" Serena begged.

"Sure, I don't see why not, as long as we use your membership card then the boss shouldn't know." Shadow replied and then her and Serena disappeared behind the curtains again.

"This means that we aren't gonna need these anymore, doesn't it?" Sedrick said, holding a big pile of clothes in his hands. I shrugged and so he dropped the clothes on the floor, walking away from them as if nothing happened.