Chapter 76

"Sister Lisa! Come, Auntie Chittip and Uncle Marco just arrived!" Mika, Lisa's cousin excitedly announced to her. It instantly created a smile on her face but fear for Jennie.

She haven't told Lisa about what she have done yet. What if they tell her and she gets angry? What if they get mad if they find out that she's there? What will she do?

"Thanks Mika! We'll be there in a sec." Lisa told the boy and he nodded then eventually left.

Lisa noticed the change in Jennie's mood so she got worried.

"Hey baby, are you alright? What's wrong?" She asked worriedly.

Jennie bit her lower lip before she spoke.

"Your parents are here." She started.

"Yeah and what's wrong with that? Are you shy? Come on, baby. You already know they love you too. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you here as well." Lisa said while massaging Jennie's palm to make her feel at ease.

"No Lisa, they're mad at me." She said and sighed.

"Because of our break up? Nah, I know they've also been wanting us to be back together."

"Baby, I didn't want to tell you this now because I don't want to ruin your day. I don't want to mess with the moment but I'm scared that if you find out about it from someone else it would just be worse than I'm already expecting." She fidgeted her finger as she bit her lower lip again. She's scared but she have to say it. She already know the consequences of keeping things that aren't supposed to be a secret. She should learn.

"What are you talking about? Baby, you're scaring me. Are you going to break up with me again?"

"No, of course not but if you find out what happened while you were gone you might be the one to demand a break up but I'll understand if you'd do that. I-I'm so stupid!" She said and slapped her forehead.

"Shhh, stop that. Just tell me about it first. I want to listen to you before reacting." Lisa said calmly.

"Remember when I found out that it was you, then we broke up and I went away? I was with my dad that whole time. I stayed over his house so you wouldn't find me. There was one time that my mom and I were talking about what happened. He heard everything. He got mad, he got so mad at you and he told me to file a law suit against you and Kai. I swear, I was stupid for agreeing to him. I-I wasn't thinking straight that time. I was mad at you too for keeping it from me and I was so quick to judge you. Kai got caught but they weren't able to take you because I-I told your mom to let you escape." Jennie explained while she was on the verge of crying.

"What? I-I don't know what to say."

"Yes, I'm the reason why you're here. It's all my fault. I'm so sorry, baby." Jennie said and she broke down.

"The hardest part was when I watched you from behind one of the pillars as you walk away with your suitcase." She said between her sobs.

"Wait, you were there? I-I was waiting for you to come and stop me and you were actually there? Why didn't you stop me, Jennie?" Lisa asked but she wasn't sounding like she was angry. It's more like, she's looking for answer to get rid of her confusion.

"It's because I know that everything is still a mess. You had to go, Lili. You had to or else you'd be locked up in jail or my dad could've beaten you up. I-I don't want any of that to happen. It's just ironic how I was the one who filed your lawsuit but I was also the one to let you escape."

"I-I didn't have to leave baby. I could've faced all of that and take responsibility for what I did. It's okay for me to be locked up in jail if that's what will give justice." Lisa said and she wrapped Jennie in her arms.