Ch. 76

Chapter 76: Dodoking and The Golden Apple Archipelago

Your POV

"Oh, I just remembered!" I flicked my finger to summon the pack of daifuku's, Xiao noticed it and he lifted his head from my chest "What is that?"

"These are called Daifuku, an ice-cold treat from Earth; since the ingredients are here in Teyvat, it's different from the original version. Do you want to try it?"

He nodded slowly, before he could grab one i held one piece near his mouth "Say Aah~" then his face was a blushing mess, why though? Xiao hesitantly opened his mouth and I gently shoved it in. He chewed it then a small smile appeared on his face "It is... delicious...but it can't rival Almond Tofu"

"*sigh* Are you that loyal to Almond Tofu?" I also grabbed my own piece "Of course. Oh, it seems like the lantern show is over, I can carry you back to the inn" in a blink of an eye he was carrying me bridal style, I blushed at the sudden contact.

Third POV

His face went closer to yours and you could feel his breath fanning over your check, then he whispered "Hold tight" and he used his mask "Why aren't you like teleporting or something? I thought you're in a hurry.." you asked, oblivious as always.

Xiao panicked, trying to come up with an excuse,"It's much better this way"

Xiao was lying, teleportation would miss out on his moment of you. He wants to spend more time with you because that blonde boy always gets in his way of trying to court you; though he might need to ask Goldet for any advice. It's his first time feeling this type of human emotion so he can ask any acquainted human for tips.

There were still a few lanterns left in the sky, it became the guide back to the inn but adeptis don't need light to see...I think. Landing on the balcony, Xiao gently put you on the ground "Thank─" before you could express your gratitude he gave you a quick peck on the cheek "Sleep well, Y/N" then disappeared.

Your POV

I was in a blushing mess, I put my hand to the area where he pecked me... "Why did he do that? Why are my close friends suddenly kissing me... I will have to ask them if there's a chance. I'm so dumb when it comes to my love life, if only my brother would allow me to learn it but...Too busy with college work"

Yawning while entering my room, I quickly hopped into my bed. Aether and Paimon aren't back, I lazily opened my phone to check old text messages.

*Norika (Sassy Hitwoman 💅🏻)*

Sup girl, want to go to Wagyu Restaurant with the gang this evening? Btw Freya told me to find you so that we can babysit Mio and Yuta together. I'll be coming to your dorm at 5!
Sent: 3 PM, 9 months ago