Ch. 24: Edgy Yaksha on Wangshu Inn

Y/N POV

Here we are, inside this shrine place with my travelling companions trying to process things with the Adepti because she wants to wipe Liyue Harbor out. I'm just gonna stay out of this shit and imagine my top snotch husbando, Levi Ackerman.

It all ended peacefully without the adepti wanting to ambush Liyue Harbor and we left the place. "Now to find the Yaksha the first adepti mentioned..." Aether stretched his arms. "Wangshu Inn seems like a place where we can stay, so it's 2 birds with one stone. After all we don't want to be homeless here on Liyue" I fixed my hair. "Maybe, but for now let's get going. It's gonna be a long ride from here to there" Paimon looked up in the sky as we summoned our Windgliders and find that place.

●●●●

"So this is wangshu inn? It's already near dusk so let's hurry." Aether grabbed my wrist almost making me stumble. "Let's take a look in the balcony, i doubt he'll be in the kitchen" Paimon lowly giggled. We arrived at the balcony and looked around the scenery, the wind blowing out strings of our hairs. While enjoying the moment, someone interrupted it. We look beside us and saw a short-man with black and teal hair wearing some clothing i can't describe.

"A sigil of permission? Seems like you came prepared. Though this only prevents me from hurting you three by myself..." The teal man crossed his arms. "Uhmm, Paimon doesn't get it" Paimon scratched her head. The teal man told us things we can't comprehend and telling us to leave. "Wait a second! We came here to─" he left before i could finish my sentence.

Paimon started pouting and aether just facepalms, "Paimon wants to give him an ugly nickname! But if you tick off an adeptus....." she halted. "There will be consequences? seems fair to me" Aether put his hands on his hips. "Righttt....so how about we ask the boss lady of this inn about how she manages to talk to the adepti." I put my finger under my chin.

We walked down the stairs of the inn and finally found the lady in the counter. "Oh? You've already met Xiao?" So that's his name...She told us that if we keep him in a good mood, everything will be just fine. "Almond Tofu is one of the human dishes Xiao likes, the other dish is up to you"

"Up to us, eh..? So, Y/N and Aether. What do you think you're both best in cooking?" Paimon put her arms behind her back. "Your choices Aether, after all.... I've only been in this world for 4 months compared to you" i whispered the last part to him. "Perhaps a Maha Manjusaka Hot Pyro Slime?" He clears his throat. "Whoa! Never heard of that one! Let's try it!" I exclaimed.

Paimon quickly flew to me and whispered "Paimon remembered to ask you about what kind of curse is laid upon your world". "Everyone will forget about me and my brother, it can only be broken once i step onto the soil of my world. I don't know what will happen next...." i faintly murmured to her and she nods her head and flies back to aether's side.

"Paimon wants to try the dish too! It must be taste and looks good." She twirled. "But a satisfying salad would be a safe choice if we want to cook for an adeptus..." I pat Aether's back, asking for his response and he nods. We head back to the balcony and saw the chef.

"Can you see I'm on a break here, kid!" The buff chef scoffed at us. "Excuse me, we'd like an almond tofu─" before aether could continue the guy scoffed at us, again and Paimon yelped. "It's for the boss, Goldet" i put my hand on my chest. Paimon asked him why he's not on the mood, the chef then replied that he's not steady after a traveler told him that the inn is haunted, and saw something in the kitchen.

Paimon: Alright you both. In the name on almond tofu, we need to go check this kitchen out.
Aether: And you're angry whenever someone calls you an emergency food?
Paimon: Y/N, help!
Y/N: Aether you'll continue the teasing later *sigh* I feel like a single mom calming down it's children to not fight.