Ch. 3: Barbatos, The God of Freedom

While reading this chapter, enjoy a 1 hour loop of cover made by childe's voice actor~

==========================

Third POV (aka no one's pov)

The trio walked through the grassy fields, Paimon keeps on rambling about the so called freedom and wind god while Y/N was checking out the settings of her phone. She have to see on how many things changed, Aether is also behind Y/N watching her swipe the screen.

"Look there it is! The statue of barbatos!"

Paimon yelled and Y/N immediately hide her phone in her bag while catching up with the two. After running and also a good workout for Y/N, the statue seemed to be a boy and wears a cloak with wings. Aether touched the statue and suddenly a huge light immersed.

Y/N: Huh? What happened?
Paimon: The statue gave arthur anemo powers! It's hard to obtain it but since he's from another world i guess it's an exception.
Aether: Whoa does that mean Y/N can get it too?

Without a second thought aether quickly puts both of Y/N's hands on the statue. A minute passed and nothing worked, not even a light appeared.

Y/N POV

A minute passed but nothing worked, but i feel something weird. As if someone or something tries to coerce me.

Paimon: h-huh? M-maybe Y/N isn't really capable of receiving anemo magic?
Aether: Don't say that paimon, maybe Y/N is more capable of elemental magic.
Y/N: I hope so, because i want to defend myself here.

Just then a bunch of ball stuff appeared they look like scrub-chan, the so called best friend of my favorite YouTuber, Bijuu Mike. (A/N: If you don't know who bijuu mike is then i suggest you to watch his videos, it's really entertaining)

"What are those things?"

"Those are Anemo Slimes. Paimon is disgusted!"

"Stay behind me, Y/N."

Aether summoned his sword and hopefully i managed to dodge it, i assume that it's a hundred times sharper than my Katana back home. (A/N: A katana is a japanese sword, it's mostly used in samurai)

I watch aether slice the slimes into pieces, it only took mere seconds and i hope i can get that kind of skill too. I remember how i lost a sword fight against my little brother a year ago when he took a break from his job and visited me. Well my Katana at that time fell off sooo...

Y/N: Wow that was amazing, aether!

Paimon: Paimon is amazed!

Aether: I've been improving my swordsmanship ever since me and my sister started traveling through worlds...
Paimon: Why is paimon's stomach growling?

The sunlight was getting brighter, which means it's already afternoon. I opened my phone to see time, well the 'god' that trapped me in this world was kind enough to make the time on my phone accurate to this world.

Y/N: It's already 12 PM, it's already lunchtime.
Aether: Oh look i saw a tree filled with different kinds of fruits and a small field with crops! A small stream of water near the plants too if we're gonna need something to drink.
Paimon: So we're just gonna steal someone's crops?
Aether: No houses or any small shelter is near, plus it's the only supply of food near us.
Y/N: Guys, look! I see a grill pan with charcoal. In addition to that, there's also enough firewood and a small stove!

I ran towards the abandoned utensils, both of them followed behind me. I was checking it out of it's clean enough, turns out it was dusty.

Paimon: Paimon says we can use the small stream of water near the crops at the field to clean these!
Aether: finally i Don't have to use my magic to cook something, the last time i made breakfast i lost half of my stamina.
Paimon: Hey! Atleast Paimon helped you carry all those meat!
Y/N: Now now guys, we shouldn't argue at small things. Atleast we have proper utensils and necessities!

Aether used his magic to help me carry the firewood, i carried the grill pan while Paimon carried the stove and the charcoal.

Paimon: The charcoal is so heavy...
Aether: You need help?
Paimon: N-no thank you! Paimon got this in the bag!
Y/N: Alright if you say so.

I washed the utensils while arthur prepares the fire for cooking, Paimon is also picking out the fruits and crops. A few minutes later the food was ready and all of us started to eat. There was a moment of silence..

Y/N: Hey Paimon, what does it feel like when you fly?
Aether: *chuckles* To humans in your world it must be a fantasy right?
Paimon: It's like floating on water, but its on air! When you fly, it's like swimming.
Aether: Y/N, may i ask why are you asking these all of a sudden?

Y/N: I just want to learn alright? If i manage to receive elemental powers it's best if i take notes on the basics! Oh I'm finished with my food.
Aether: You can put the stick near the grill pan.

I forgot to tell you all that the fruits are stacked on the stick like it was a barbeque. After i did what aether told me i take out my notebook and proceeded to take notes of what arthur said about using magic. Such as How to fly, the attacks and how to summon them.

Paimon: Paimon is done setting the utensils back in place!
Aether: I think we should continue our journey now, oh Y/N you're still memorizing the notes?
Y/N: Of course! This is what i also do back in my world when my teacher says there's an upcoming quiz and exam!
Paimon: Y/N you really are so optimistic about learning magic that paimon wants to help you!
Y/N: Thank you, Paimon. I really appreciate it.

We continue our journey, of course along the way i was memorizing the entire thing. I've already done this alot of times before exams and the experience is handy. Plus I already know how to fly and the basic attacks, amazing right? Another hour passed and that's when we saw a huge dragon-like creature passed by us.

We decided to follow it to a forest nearby and saw a person saying things to the creature.

Paimon: Is that person talking to the creature?
Aether: They probably know each other?
Y/N: Look, the person is even touching it and the creature didn't fight back.

It was only a peaceful moment until the dragon growled louldy and a huge wind almost blowed us three.

Unknowm Person: Who's there!?