Ch. 31

「 CHAPTER 31: Childe Boss Fight 」

゚.*・。゚゚.*・。゚゚.*・。゚゚.*・。゚゚.*・。゚゚.*・。゚゚.*・。

Your POV

"There you are! You're 5 minutes late!" Paimon huffed while i try to catch my breath. "The hall was huge, and i got lost finding the entrance. Plus the secretaries are nowhere to be seen" i pant. "You really forgot the directions..." Paimon chuckled. "Okay, enough talk. So, where are we going?" Aether asked.

"Welll...." Paimon grabbed out the map she got from the legendary wall. "Let's go here first, where the Fatui is. We need to confirm if it's actually true" Paimon put down the map. "What are we waiting for? It's a long way from here and we'll be late if we don't get going" i sighed.

・・・

We reached the place and saw a bunch of fatui mages patrolling the place. "There really were fatui on this place! And they look mad at us...." Paimon started shaking as if she was that first guy who dies in a horror movie. "Do we really have to?" I frowned. "Of course, plus they're trying to smash us with their hammer." He said while dodging and attack and drawed out his sword. "Let's get this over with, Paimon stay here"

Entering the place following the mages who were trying to squash us like a bug, we found it eerie since there are many talismans. Or yet, we have to investigate what their research is all about. After kicking their butts, it looks an endless chain of talismans.

"There are so many talismans here..what are they for..." Paimon took a closer look of the box that were covered with talismans. "It's one of the sigil of permission childe gave us..." I grabbed one talisman to inspect it. "And it looks like they're trying to reproduce as many as they can" aether crossed his arms.

"Isn't it suspicious? How can a relic of the adepti end up in the hands of Childe?" Paimon put a finger under her chin. "It's not just a relic" i handed aether another sigil of permission that was tucked onto the box. "Oh right! Cloud Retainer said that these were made by rex lapis and that it was used to channel divine power during the Archon War."

"The last war known to happen here on Teyvat was over a millennium while back on earth, ours didn't even reach a century..This world is peaceful and the only ones causing havoc is the Fatui and the abyss order" I looked up in the sky, humans back in my world were toxic. "Every world has a dark side, but i can't imagine how...toxic the earthling was that caused the last known war on your world. You'll be back home soon." Aether pat my back.

"This subject really makes you homesick... although we're talking about how this connects to the Fatui. We'll find away to break the spell that made travelling through worlds forbidden" Paimon smiled at me. "Back to the topic at hand...i bet the fatui are copying it to achieve the same effect. It's really dangerous..." He looked at the talismans.

"The Fatui are really sus" i put back the talismans on the box. "Sus is an Earthling shortcut of suspicious right?" Paimon crossed her arms. "Precisely. You really are becoming an expert of my earthing behavior.." i chuckled. "Well we are, and for now...We need to keep our eyes on Childe, he's definitely sus." Aether put his hands on his hips.

"Alright that's enough slacking around. Let's head back to the inn and have a chat with Yanxiao. What time is it anyway?" Paimon asked while i summoned my phone. "6:30 PM, guess we won't be able to help him in the kitchen" i sighed.