"Well, what about work?" Eren asked.

"Ah we're wall guards today," Mr Hannes said "Having been here all day, hunger and thirst are bound to catch up to us"

Idiots. You could just drink water or bread.

"The fact that alcohol happened to be in our drinks is but a trivial matter" He continued

"But will you be able to fight when you need to?" An irritated Eren spoke

"And when will that be?"

"Isn't that obvious?! When they break down the wall and destroy the city!" Eren shouted.
(Nice foreshadowing Ereh)

"Oh damn. Hey, Eren don't start yelling so suddenly" One of the drunk military police spoke.

"You're really lively. Doctor's son" He said boasting as he came up to us. "If they ever manage to do that, you bet we'll get the job done."

From what the drunk man said, I quietly laughed at their stupidity.

'Never have I heard a drunk man kill 10 titans

"Then again, it's been nothing but peace and quiet these past 100 years" He continued.

"Even so, letting your guard down is the worst decision everyone can make" I spoke.

"Father said that to us so it's true!" Eren said.

"Dr Yeager huh?" Mr Hannes spoke "Come to think of it, Doc was the one who saved this town from a pandemic and we're all greatly indebted to him. However, they're an entirely different matter."
(Hey Grisha. Ehem Grisha. Ehem covid)

"If you're a soldier they're be times where you see them, wandering outside while reinforcing the walls. Still, I can't imagine them being able to do about anything about this fifty-meter wall" Mr Hannes spoke.

"W-wait. You're saying that you don't even have the resolve to fight with them to begin with?!" Eren started.

"Pretty much" Mr Hannes replied

A bunch of slackers. If I were them I would train harder every day for the day when trouble comes.

"Seriously?!" Eren spoke.

"Eren" I started as he stopped talking. "Stop calling yourselves the 'stationed army corps' and go by "drunk wall construction corps instead"

"That doesn't sound half bad. Maybe take away the 'drunk'" Mr Hannes spoke as an irk mark formed on my head.

"But you know, Eren, Y/N, to see soldiers working wouldn't bode well for us" He continued "Its when we're criticized by people who call us useless freeloaders that everyone's leaving peace for"

'Stupid. Such stupidness it already hurts my brain'

"Even if we're confined within these walls, we can keep on living, just eating and sleeping. But. That would be as if" Eren spoke "As if we're just cattle"

Mr Hannes was surprised as the sound of laughter was made by the drunken corps.

"What a valiant little brat!" One of them said. "Even though he can't do anything himself right Hannes?"