Chapter 28 - More

[Cat's POV]

With his hand on my lower back, Enzo leads me over to a small table with two chairs overlooking the ocean on the top of the hill. There are no other tables in sight, but it wouldn't shock me if that's just for us for tonight. The restaurant looks small and family-run, but it must be good. I can just tell from the look of it.

"I hope you like Italian," he murmurs as he holds my chair out for me to sit down.

"Very much, sir," I wink at him with double meaning as he sits across from me.

He smirks knowingly and looks to his right, holding his hand up to motion someone over. Within a few seconds, a waiter appears. A young boy, maybe 13 to 15, who looks nervous to be responsible for our table. I don't blame him with Enzo's intense glare.

Enzo orders some fancy wine I can't pronounce and won't remember the name of.

"How was your day before our little spat?" I ask with a small smile. It's crazy how that was only a few hours ago. It feels like days.

"Spat?" He rolls the word across his tongue amusedly.

"Yes," I nod for him to go on.

"I met with a few business partners, discussed deals. Nothing exciting." He shrugs.

"It's exciting to me." I mumble and look down.

"Are you really that bored with me, Cat?" I hear the frustration in his voice, but I think I also hear disappointment. In me, or because I am not fully happy, I don't know which.

I sigh. "It's not with you, it's in general. I'm not made to be some stay at home housewife who waits for you to come home to fuck her."

Shit, that came out harsher than I meant it.

His face hardens instantly. I fucked up.

"What are you made for then?" He asks through gritted teeth, trying to control his temper.

I gulp and look away from his prying eyes.

"Action. Excitement. This life." I wave my arms around like it should make sense, but I know it doesn't because he barely knows me. "I can be more useful to you. I can help you."

"You do help me." He says immediately, placating me.

I sigh and shrug. "I have done two things for you in a month of being here."

He stares at me with those intense eyes and his jaw twitches like he wants to say something, but chooses not to.

"I'm just saying, I can do more if you let me."

I know this world. I can help you.

"What do you want, Caterina? To be my assistant or something?" He asks, like it's crazy.

"No, but I can help you. Meetings. Deals. Events. Bring me into the fold."

"You want to rule?"

He isn't getting it. I have to try explaining another way.

"What is Anthony to you?" I ask and his brows furrow, confused by my topic change.

"My right hand man." He answers slowly.

I nod, already knowing that answer. "And who is your left hand man?"

"That doesn't exist."

"Then make it." I say plainly and his eyebrows raise. "That's what I can be."