Chapter 8 - Home

[Enzo's POV]

It was no easy - or cheap - task to get Cat out of that shithole, but I know it will be worth the price. Even if she provides me no benefit against my enemies, knowing she is away from that place and its customers is enough. Having her all to myself is worth it. Ten times over.

I don't know why I can't stay away. I have known her for five days now and not a minute passes that I don't think of her in some way. What she is doing. Who she is touching. Who is touching her. It eats at me every second I'm not with her. And every second I am, I can't think of anything but her. Her thoughts. Her body. Her moans. Her hair. I'm obsessed with her. And I'm tortured by the thought of someone else - especially Tony - being with her while I'm away.

Here, on my property, she won't be touched. My men know if they even laid a finger on her, they would be dickless or worse. She's enticing... but I think they would rather keep their balls. Surely Cat would do the job for me if any stepped out of line. She could be lethal, that one. I like her attitude - it is never boring.

We drive up the long gravel driveway towards the main house. I watch as her eyes almost pop out of her head from the seat beside me, peering out the window like a little child on an airplane. It's a different side of her. It's cute.

As we pull up in front of the large wooden doors, I nod to Anthony in the rearview mirror and he gets out of the driver's seat, along with Eric beside him. I open my door and climb out, holding my hand to the wide-eyed beauty still seated. She stares at my hand for a second, almost as if she is rethinking her decision, but then she takes it, her touch dispelling my worry instantly.

"It's beautiful," she says, looking up at the tall brick walls surrounding the mansion. I can't read the expression on her face... it's blank.

Maybe it looks too old for her. It's not a new house. It is a large estate, but not modern. Maybe that's what she would prefer...

"You like it?" I ask in her ear, just for her to hear. I want her to like it... I want her to want to stay here...

She grins up to me like I'm an idiot. "Of course. I don't lie to you."

I don't know if that's the truth, but I'll take it for now.

I drop my hand from hers and move it to the small of her back, guiding her forward up the stone steps to the front doors.

"My bags?" She wonders out loud and I shake my head.

"Anthony will get them and bring them to your room."

She smirks, pleased I'm fulfilling her first request. Although, I would much rather her not have her own room. That will change in time, I hope...

"This is the main entrance." I explain as my men open the doors and we walk inside the foyer. I watch her as she peers around with her lips slightly parted. Fuck, I want to taste them...

No. Not now.

A tour first.

"That is the library." I point to the right to the large room. Books cover the tall black shelves and two grey couches rest in the middle of the room. "Down the left hallway is the kitchen. You can ask them to make you anything you want. Anytime. They will prepare whatever you would like." Her eyes widen and I lean into her ear as we keep walking. "Although, I would prefer to eat together when possible."

"Yes," she breathes out, her face... speechless? I'm not sure. Maybe she is overwhelmed. I guess this place would be a lot after coming from the club...

I lead her up the large staircase at the end of the hallway, eager to show her upstairs, discarding with the rest of the main floor tour. The stairs split into two directions at the landing and I take her up the left towards her room.

"This is yours." I tell her, hesitation too evident in my tone. I hope she likes it. I want her to love it. To feel at home here... with me.

"Mine?" She gasps, pausing in the doorway.

"You don't like it? I can get you another. There are dozens... although this is the biggest... but there is one in the east wing-"

My words are cut off by her soft lips on mine. It only lasts a second, but it takes the air from my lungs.

"It is more than I ever thought it would be. Thank you." She smiles up at me beautifully and I let out a breath of relief.

I follow her, a step behind, as she moves across the room, running her fingers slowly over everything she passes. Achingly slow. It takes everything in me not to grab her and throw her on the bed when she touches it.

She enters the walk in closet and gasps at all the clothing hanging from the racks and filling the shelves.

"I had a designer pick out some clothes for you. If there is something you do not want, we will call her to replace it with something you do. Just let me or Anthony know and it will be arranged." I speak loudly enough, but I don't think she hears me. Her fingers guide over the items hanging, her mouth in a firm line. God, I wish she would speak. Even if it is to yell at me for controlling her clothes, I'll welcome it gladly right now.

"Where will I put my clothes that I brought?" She finally speaks, her face completely serious. Almost annoyed.

I panic slightly, not replying, unsure what to say. There is no room left in that closet for another piece of anything, I made sure of that. But it was to give her a gift, not to upset her...

She bursts into giggles, the sweet sound of her laughter filling the air and my lungs with much needed relief.

"God, you should have seen your face!" She laughs as she walks toward me, intertwining her small fingers through mine.

"You are a good actress." I grumble, but end up laughing too.

"Where is your room?" She asks, peering up at me with her big eyes. If I didn't know better, I would think I see a flicker of mischievousness flash through them.

"Come on," I pull her hand and lead her out the door and down the hall. We pass the section that overlooks the stairs and I throw open my bedroom door at the end of the hall, pulling her inside with me.

She doesn't look directly at me. Instead she removes her hand from mine and steps back, turning to close the door tightly.

"There is no lock." She says, still turned to the door, her voice deeper suddenly. My pants suddenly feel a size too small.

"Nobody is allowed in here but me." I say, matching her deep tone. I take a step closer, almost touching her perfect skin. "And you." I say in her ear.

She turns slowly around and I press my hands against her hips, guiding her back so her ass is against the door now.

"You don't pay for me anymore, Enzo." She reminds me slowly, her dangerous smile growing with each word.

I run the back of my right hand down her cheek as I stare into her eyes.

"I was just thinking the same thing."

Author's Note:

Not gonna lie... I love them! I hope you do too!!

Please vote and comment your thoughts!

The next few chapters are smutty... this is your only warning lol