BONUS CONTENT: Previous Chapter 1 - Secrets

I previously had this small chapter as the first chapter/prologue for the book but thought it revealed too much about Cat, so removed it to start the book with Enzo's POV - since you read the whole book to get here, I don't think this is spoiling too much to post now! Enjoy!!

May 2020

[Cat's POV]

I wouldn't say I'm a secret keeper...
I'm more of a secret collector.

I gather all the whispers, all the hushed words spilled in my ears, and lock them away inside my head for safe keeping with my own secrets I guard.

I replay them in my mind every night before bed to make sure I remember them all, keeping an inventory of everything I have learned from the men in suits.

And it's a lot.

Even the most powerful men fall prey to my talents when I dance for them. I open my legs and the words stumble out of their drunk mouths before they even know what they are saying. They think they can trust me... after all, I'm just the tiny woman stripping for them, what damage could I really do with the pieces they reveal?

So I go for the big ones. The most expensive looking suits. The shiniest watches and chains. The baddest looking of them all. They share the most, surprisingly.

I almost get off on making those ones spill the words.

Almost.

If their disgusting dirty hands didn't have to touch me to get the information, I might actually get there.

That's the one part I haven't been able to swallow yet. They never clean their hands first. It's not the metaphorical blood on their hands that nauseates me - that I'm fine with, honestly. It's the actual dirt under their nails and the stains on their palms. The biggest fish are the messiest. And the grabbiest.

They are blissfully unaware that every moan, every pleasure they think they are inducing in me is forced and fake. They can't tell that I have to strain myself to keep the seductive look on my face while they grope me. They don't know that I scrub my skin every night afterwards, trying to erase the reminder of their touch.

I make them feel good. Wanted. Needed. Sexy. All couldn't be further from the truth in my head. I don't even always want the cash they stuff in my bra. It's not cash I'm after... although it does help in the meantime.

In truth, I don't even do anything with the secrets.

Not yet.

My aunt always taught me to hold them, until I'm sure the right opportunity comes along to use them. She said I would know it when I saw it.

That hadn't come along yet...

Until him.