Chapter 12 - After

What feels like hours later, but really I have no idea how much time passed besides from it being dark out the window, I turn over and lay against Enzo's torso, our naked bodies glued together still. I keep my head propped up by my chin on my hands as I stare up and watch him.

He tucks a piece of hair behind my ear and runs his fingers down my hair, staring at it. I think he likes it long. Even messy and knotted from being thrown around the bed, he still plays with it.

His content, sleepy eyes find my own and I can see the smile behind his façade, even if it isn't really on his face.

"Tired already?" I tease him and his smile comes to the surface as he chuckles. The vibrations from his chest move through me and make me grin in return.

"You wore me out, little minx." He admits and I smirk, pleased. "I should have been prepared. I didn't think we would be in your bed an hour after you moved in."

"Right. You thought we would be in yours." I joke and he chuckles again.

"It is comfier." He jokes but I believe him. I doubt he would sleep on anything less than the best.

"Are you hungry?" He asks, his eyebrows raised.

I nod with a smile. I'm starving after all that. I need something before we go again... which I'm sure we will...

I move back off him and he sits up to move off the bed. I watch his perfect sculpted ass tighten as he leans down to pull his pants up after finding them off the ground.

"Enjoying the view?"

"Very much." I laugh as he turns around. His eyes roam over my sprawled out body and the way they darken, I almost think he is about to pounce on me all over again, but he doesn't.

"Me too." He replies quietly and I sit up and crawl off the other side of the bed towards the closet.

I run my fingers loosely over the dozens of hung clothes until I find the right thing.

As I wrap the bright red silk dress around my body, I make the fabric string ties into a tight bow around my waist to keep it secure.

I feel his strong, domineering presence come up behind me before I even see him in the mirror.

He runs one hand down my arm, barely touching me, but enough to send shivers down my spine. I lean back against his chest as his other hand snakes around my waist and pulls me closer against him, giving me déjà vu from my room at the club a few days ago.

"Hmmm," he breathes against my hair distractedly, his eyes closed, "if we stay here any longer, I'm not letting you leave the bed again, even to eat."

His threat makes me instantly soaked, if it's possible to even be more than before. But my stomach growling keeps me in reality.

"Come on, handsome." I force both of us out of our trance as I step forward and he follows me out of the closet toward the bedroom door.

Before I reach the handle, a thought pops into my mind and I turn back to him. His eyes narrow at my worried expression.

"What's wrong?"

"They probably all heard us..." I say in a quiet voice in case he put a guard outside the door already.

He smirks. "Good."

I hit his chest and he laughs. "That's mortifying!" I whisper-yell at him.

"Why would you care? After the club?" He asks, confused. He doesn't mean it to be insulting or degrading, I don't think, so I don't take it that way. I guess he's right, but it's not really the same.