Chapter 5 - Dozens

"I want to go out there!" I plead with Felicity as she blocks the doorway of my room.

"He told me last night to keep you in here." She says, getting annoyed with my persistence.

"So?! I can make way more money for you out on the floor! Just let me work!" I probably sound like an erratic child to her right now but I don't care. I won't be imprisoned here like a bird in a cage.

"Cat! Hush!" She shushs me and I glare at her. She lowers her voice as she continues. "These are not the type of-"

She pauses briefly as a few girls walk by, out towards the floor. I wish I was going with them... I need to see Tony. Andrea told me he was practically foaming at the mouth in anger last night after leaving my doorway.

When the girls are out of earshot, she turns back to me. "These are not the type of men you want to disobey." She whispers, her tone growing less annoyed and more of a warning. "He paid a lot for you to be exclusively his. And even if he didn't, it is not our place to go against his wishes."

"It's my body. How is it not my place?" I retort and she sighs, tired of arguing with me.

"I shouldn't have to remind you of this, Cat, but you're not just a stripper here. They want you, they get you. That's how it works. Besides, you give up your body in some way to dozens of men a month. Wouldn't it be a nice break to just focus on one for a bit?"

"I like the dozens." I mumble, sighing because I know I lost this battle.

She laughs softly. "I know you do. And god knows, I can't figure out why." She shakes her head and I stay silent. She doesn't need to know why. She gets paid, that's all she needs to worry about.

"Look at it this way. If he doesn't show up, you get a paid night off of quiet in here." She offers and I go to argue back that I don't want a quiet night when a deep voice speaks first.

"Oh, I showed up." Enzo's voice booms as he appears behind Felicity and our eyes meet. He smirks at my scowl.

I wonder how much he heard... actually, I don't fucking care.

"Perfect, sir! She is ready and waiting for you." Felicity moves out of the way and he steps in the roam, his eyes on me the entire time.

"Only you." I mock him, rolling my eyes. Felicity's eyes widen, probably scared for me, as she closes the door behind her and leaves us alone. Enzo quickly locks the door and then leans back against, scanning over my mostly naked body. I have just the red bra and tiny skirt uniform on, a lot more exposed without my silk robe.

"I know you were being sarcastic before, but I'm still glad you are following the rules." He grins and I roll my eyes again as I move across the room to sit on the bed cross-legged, kicking off my heels as I climb on. If I'm going to be here all night, I guess I better get comfy.

"Your secret yesterday was very useful to me." Enzo says in a pleased tone, walking towards the bed to sit at the other end, facing me with his back against the post.

"I'm so glad, master." I reply sarcastically and he grins.

"I want to know more of the things in your head." He says, tapping the side of his head to mimic by movement yesterday.

"No." I reply plainly and his eyebrows rise.

"A favour for a secret?" He offers and I shake my head.

His jaw twitches and I can't tell if he's getting angry or more humoured by me... I don't like either option.

"Then what do you want for them?" He asks, clearly trying to remain calm through his frustration.