49-𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝕃𝔸𝕊𝕋

__________

"He thinks you're gone, now. Don't make the same mistake again. Step into reality. The public eye isn't your permanent life. You are in control of it, not them," mistake again. Step into reality. The public eye isn't your permanent life. You are in control of it, not them,"

__________

You can only fall once, right?

Heels clicked loudly down the silent airport hallways. Finally, they're gone. 

Lisa sighed out in relief, she clutched her suitcase tightly, frowning at herself. 

It's been weeks, maybe months? She couldn't remember, time went by so fast while she was in Thailand. But, as much as she tried, Jungkook never left her head. And the number of times she almost pressed call over Jungkook's name on her phone is too many to count. 

Thankfully, the airport was almost cleared out when she got in her van. Teary reunions with her friends came when she finally got home. Chaeyoung looked the happiest yet. It seemed Lisa missed a lot. 

A breakup or two, actually. 

She agreed with BamBam to meet him at the cafe near a bridge. Everything was a blur to her. She felt like a robot again. Work, work, work, is all that cycled in her head. She felt relieved to finally take some downtime. 

As soon as she sat down, BamBam looked weary. 

"When was the last time you talked to him, Lisa?"She coughed from her hot coffee, it was definitely not what she expected to hear the second she saw her childhood friend. 

"KUH-who?" she acted like she didn't know, warm blush spread across her cheeks. BamBam just shook his head. 

"You're also in the wrong, Lis. You know that you intentionally aggravated him, too." I nodded, she didn't know what else to say. It's all she dreamed about for the last weeks, this conversation. 

"Don't stay silent, Lisa! Do you know how he's been? Have you felt bad the least bit? I told this same thing to him, too. But has he not already apologized? The texts? Calls? Flowers? You ignored them?" 

Sniffling. Oh, finally, she was so relieved, she hasn't cried in months. It felt so good to finally get it out. Finally. But she was overthrown with confusion after. 

"What do you mean? I didn't get any calls or texts or flowers..." 

"Are these excuses?" he accused.

"No! I swear! I got nothing from him! See?" she scrambled through her purse with wet cheeks and shaking hands, her breathing was labored. Lisa held up her phone to BamBam, stammering through explanations and tears and shaking hands. 

"I-I swear-all I ever thought of was him-I-I was just so scared-Bammy...Please....believe me, I thought he hated me-I swear to god I didn't know-Bammy-Bammy please!" She gasped for breath. No words can explain how confused and relieved she felt. She tormented herself for weeks to cry. She felt dried out and sticky. Finally. Tears have come.

Bambam stood in silence and confusion. Feeling guilty for jumping to conclusions, he walked past their table and embraced Lisa in a kind, brotherly hug. 

"I'm so sorry, Lisa. I'm just, Jungkook just isn't in the best place right now. That still gives me no right to put all my stress out on you. I'm sorry, I'm such a horrible friend." He muttered out more apologies and strokes Lisa's head. "It's okay, it's fine. I'm fine, I'm okay." She replied, more to reassure herself, clenching onto BamBam's jacket and laying her cheek over his heart.