Chapter 24- Just a job

Twenty four

I knock on Jungkook's door lightly before poking my head in, he smiles once I come into view "I was hoping I'd get to see you today princess" I give him a weak smile before placing the food down next to him and going to open the window and curtain for some fresh air. "How are you feeling today?" To my surprise he's sitting up already though he looks in pain I can tell he's trying to hide all that away from me.

"Better now that I've seen your beautiful face"

I give him a light laugh before I sit down on the edge of the bed "Sorry that was cheesy, will you feed me princess?" I nod doing my best to not stare at him for too long. I just felt detached from everyone in a weird way and it was hurting me, though I knew it was mostly in my head it was hard to shut that off. What if Jungkook had someone as well? These thoughts never came to mind up until now.

I scoop up some food and blow on it before feeding it to him, he has a satisfied grin on his face as he chews the food and watches me closely.

"Princess, are you...are you feeling okay? You still seem kinda down"

I nod quickly but I can tell when I meet his doe like eyes he doesn't believe me. "Just tired is all" I mumble feeding him some more, he nods but doesn't push the subject any further. Just watches me.

"How is everyone? Aisha and Jimin kill each other yet?"

He chuckles at his own words but I simply shake my head no "She's been with Taehyung most of the time, so guess they haven't had the chance to yet" Jungkook nods as he chews the last bit of his food. His eyes observing my every movement, I did my best though to show no emotion or interest.

"That whole dynamic never made sense to me, Tae was always super close with Aisha. I for sure thought they'd end up together not Jimin and Aisha"

I nod not really sure what to say to that as I help him take a drink, his hand lingers on my thigh for a moment. His thumb gently rubbing soothing circles, I almost break in front of him but I keep composed. I felt stupid for feeling so emotional over everything but maybe I was just exhausted.

"Princess, you can count on me you know that right? I can be here for you if you'd like.I know this is all a lot, especially lately so I'm here if you need anyone"

I simply smile at him before getting up, if I stayed longer I'd surly cry. His words echoed inside me and made me feel warm but I couldn't allow that. He didn't mean it, he was just being kind.

"Thanks Jungkook, I'm okay though really. But I'll go tell Zara your in pain, you can't necessarily fool me" he smiles and nods but his eyes are swimming with emotions. I grab the dishes and place them on the side of the table before making my exit. As soon as I'm out the door I feel a chest bump into me, I look up slowly and felt relieved when I see those blue orbs looking down at me.

"How's our patient?"

I turn but Jimin leaves no room so I'm basically pinned against the door "He's good just in some pain, I'm going to go tell Zara" Jimin nods as his hand comes up and caresses my cheek. His touch is warm and comforting, something I didn't expect even his eyes look soft and somber.

"Are you okay kitten?"

I nod casting my eyes downward, I needed everyone to stop asking me that or I was going to break soon and I really didn't wanna cry in front of any of them. I didn't wanna come off as weak.