Chapter Twenty-Eight

~Y/N POV~

"I really don't want to go to this gala thing. It sounds boring."

Groaning to Jaemin as I look at myself in the mirror located in the corner of my bedroom. The dress was really nice, held up my boobs nicely and it wasn't tight around my stomach either. It was rather comfortable, thanks to Mrs Kim's fashion advice. She picked me this dress to save me from going shopping for it myself. It's not really my thing.

"No one does Y/n. If you listen closely you can hear Yoongi bitching about wearing his tie." Jaemin

He chuckles from behind which lightened the mood. Thankfully Jaemin was nice enough to help me zip up my dress from the back. The only person I would trust to ask such a thing from in this house right now.

But Jaemin was right, I could just hear their bickering about having to go and their choice of clothing. So I half laughed and turned around to face Jaemin face on.

"How do I look?"

He stepped back and scanned me up and down.

"Awful." Jaemin

Scoffing I punched his chest to which he laughed at me and followed me out the bedroom.

"I was kidding!" Jaemin

"You better be mister or I'll kick your ass, pregnant or not."

I told him heading towards the stairs to reach the main house to meet up with the six vamps waiting for us. Well more like me because I'm fashionably late of course.

"Oh I better not piss off the beast." Jaemin

Stopping by the end of the stair I turned over my shoulder and pointed a finger towards him, squinting my eyes.

"Oh you haven't seen anything pal."

Holding up his hands to me he stepped back but I could see he just wanted to laugh but bit his bottom lip to keep it in. He knows I'm only playing around which is why we get on so well.

Now the two of us put that playfully bickering to the side and headed up the stairs to join everyone in the living room where they were waiting.

Entering the room I did have to admit to myself that they were all very well dressed, typically black suits with bow ties. But only Yoongi and Jin wore a normal long black tie instead of bow ties and each of them had their hair slicked back in gel and very well styled. Honest I was a little flustered when all six pair of eyes were on me.

Jaemin came to my side, nudged me by his elbow and wiggled his brows teasingly.

"Hot stuff no?" Jaemin

I scowled at him and pushed him away. The last thing I need is embarrassment.

"Stop it."

I whispered towards him but he stifled a laugh and stepped away to the side of the room when someone approached me, holding out his arm towards me.

"You look beautiful Y/n." Jin

Hooking my arm around his I tried hard to hide my blushing face so I looked away, not being able to show him my face.

"Thank you. You're all not to bad yourselves."

"OH COMPLIMENTS! WHAT ABOUT ME?!" Jaemin

I shot him a glare as he laughed at me but Jimin shut him up by pushing him on the couch behind and turning back around to set eyes on me, passing me a assuring smile that made me feel at ease. It was pretty funny to see Jaemin's offended expression on his face with a deep scowl towards the back of Jimin's head.

"Shall we get this over with? Mom and Dad said they'll meet us there." Taehyung

"I'm going to go make sure the cars ready." Hoseok

"I'll come too." Yoongi

The two of them walked out the living room towards the front door and gone from sight.

"Oh! I almost forgot, the two of you will have to wear these." Jimin

Taking something out of his pocket it was two black pieces of cloths with the family crests on them. He threw Jaemin his that slapped him across the face making Taehyung laugh at him but Jimin didn't bother looking at Jaemin and smoothly stepped across the room towards me, holding out the clothes band, expanding it to show me.

"I'm afraid you would still have to wear this Y/n. It just goes around you upper arm." Jimin

Sighing I agreed to have it on, not that I had much of a choice.

"Okay fine."

Jimin kindly and gently pulled over the fabric over my arm to set it on the upper arm, smooth it over carefully and finally let go. I think he just did that to have an excuse to touch me but he wasn't invasive  so I didn't mind.

"Thanks"

"No problem." Jimin

"Jungkook!" Taehyung

Everyone turned their attention to Jungkook, standing in the middle of the room, staring at me like a deer in headlights. Taehyung was waving his hand in front of his face, trying to gain his attention but only when he clicked his fingers in front of him did it work to bring him back from where ever it was he was in.

"What?" Jungkook

"Where did you go there? You kept staring at Y/n." Taehyung

Jungkook shook his head, but quickly glanced towards me before denying it some more.

"I wasn't staring. I was....I was....." Jungkook

"Staring." Jimin

Jungkook gasped and shook his head again but Taehyung patted Jungkook's back and turned him around towards the door.

"Let's just go Kook." Taehyung

The two began walking towards the front door but Jungkook looked back at me for a short second, stumbled over his own feet and hit his shoulder off the side of the wall before leaving the living room. Taehyung erupted in laughter but pulled him out the room.

"He was definitely staring." Jin

He whispered closely in my ear and I just nodded at him but somehow I found myself smiling because I felt flattered that Jungkook acted that way because of me.

"We should all go out now, I think. Come on you." Jimin

Grabbing Jaemin's arm by his sleeve he yanked him back up to his feet and dragged him out the room like everyone else.

"We should go too but don't worry Y/n, tonight none of us will leave you alone. At least one of us will be by your side, okay?" Jin

"Yeah, okay."

I mumbled back to him and my nerves starting coming back when reality set in that we were about to go to this gala thing filled with other vampires and half breeds like myself. Whether I'll find it fun or not I don't know but I'm looking forward to seeing my friends there. At least there's that.