Chapter twenty-five

~Y/N POV~

After dinner I just told Jaemin goodnight and decided a early night for me was best. I am pretty tired but I guess it's to be expected for being almost half way through my pregnancy already.

Just laying in bed I kept to my own thoughts which consisted of my future in this place.

It also doesn't help that I'm starting to feel the baby move and that just makes it even more real besides the picture I have stored away in one of my drawers in my beside table.

Being a half breed sucks.

I heard a soft knock on my door to which I assumed would be Jaemin so I sat up on my bed, turning on my lamp just to rest my back to the headboard.

"Come in."

The door opened and to my shock Namjoon stepped in but not fully, just one foot through the threshold.

"It's only me, are you still okay if I come in?" Namjoon

I nodded, pulling up my bed covers as if it were some protective shield.

"Yeah."

"Thanks." Namjoon

He walked in and came towards my bed but to sit on the end of it, his whole body turned away but to face the wall opposite him and place his hands to his lap. What surprised me was that he didn't shut the door, he kept it open.

"Erm, are you going to close that?"

I pointed towards the wide open door to which he looked over at it and then to me, expressing nothing to what he was feeling right now.

"I didn't think you would want me to if it was just the two of us in here." Namjoon

Oh that's right. Jungkook was with us last time and this time he's not.

"Okay then."

I mumbled and looked down to my hands that I just realised were instinctively resting on my bump.

"Y/n I came here to tell you something. Well a few things actually and you'd be the last to know in this house because I thought it would be best if I tell you and explain what needs to be explained by me personally and not from someone else." Namjoon

Raising a brow towards him I only nodded, unsure of what he wants to discuss with me. It's not like we have a lot to talk about anyway. We've barely spoken since what happened, just a few words here and there obviously since it's hard to completely ignore his existence.

"Well tell away then."

He nodded at me, shooting me a quick glance before sighing when he turned his head back to stare at the wall.

"Those laws you wanted me to push through and become real are somewhat underway to becoming reality. One, the abortion laws are still being processed through Governor Lang but he assured me I proved a strong case with some things when it comes to half breeds." Namjoon

"So it could pass then?"

"Yes. Not right now but soon. Hopefully." Namjoon

A small smile crept up on my face, knowing he actually did that. To be honest I didn't think he would. I thought he would shrug that idea off and forget about it but I was wrong.

"But there is another that I thought should be in place and that's to protect half breeds from any sexual harassment outside private sessions in the rightful household the person would be at the time." Namjoon

I didn't expect that one. Hell I didn't even ask him about that one.

"R-Really?"

Namjoon nods, taking off his glasses, folding them up to tuck away in the pockets of his baby blue shirt.