79🏍

It's been a few days since the beach incident and I'm still uneasy so I'm going down to the station today to talk to Officer Cells

I kiss Navy and my girls and head out to my car. I haven't ridden it in a while and I need to blow out the pipes as my grandpa used to say.

When I pull up at the station I take a deep breath and then get out and go inside and ask to speak to Office Cells.

"He's at his desk just go straight on back." The lady smiled and pointed in the direction.

I walk back to his desk and he looks up and smiles and offers me a seat. "Hey, Kash what's up?"

"Hey! I don't want to bother you but is there anything I can do against the Moody family to keep my family safe?"

"We can put a restraining order against the whole family." He said.

"Well, I want to do that then. That's my last-ditch effort before I move my family away." I said.

"No, we don't want you guys to do that. I can get it started. They both are in jail now waiting to be arraigned." He said grabbing a paper out of his desk and begin filling it out.

"I appreciate your help the other day. Navy was scared and with having the kids there and Ivy she didn't know what to do and I was afraid they would do something." I sighed.

"Their father is already in prison for killing a man back in the '80s and the mother was killed. Gang-related so they never had a chance." He said.

"That's really sad. No wonder they all are so messed up the way they are." I said.

"That is very true. I just need you to sign this and I'll get it all processed and if they ever get out of jail they will have to stay away from you and your family." He said.

"Sounds good to me. I just want to keep everyone around me safe." I said signing the paper.

"I'll text you once it's approved and let you know Kash. I'm glad you stopped by and I hope you guys don't have any more problems."

"Thank you for all of your help. I'm going to keep you on speed dial for now." I laugh before heading toward the door.

As I was walking out a cop was coming in. "Hey! Are you Kash Ryan?"

"I am." I smile.

"I'm Timmons I need to make an appointment to get my sleeve started." He said.

I hand him a card from my wallet. "Call and make an appointment and ask for me and we can get it going," I said.

"Thanks, I'm excited. I've seen your work on other officers and I know you are the best around."

"I appreciate that! Just call tell them you saw me and make an appointment." I said before walking out to my car.

I love that people love my art but right now I'm more focused on keeping my family safe. It's sad that someone killed my baby brother and then they want to attack me and my family? For what reason?

I stop and pick up some lunch and head back home. Navy is probably pulling her hair out with the two kids if they are awake.

When I pull up and open the door I hear Lanie giggling in the living room. I sit the pizza down and head to see if Navy is awake.

I find her sitting on the floor playing baby dolls with Lanie.

"Hey! I brought back some pizza for lunch."

"Kash that sounds great. This one is hollering she's hungry." She laughs.

I went to the kitchen and Lanie followed me and so I put her in her high chair and brought the pizza over to the table.

"Where did you go, Kash?" Navy asked.

"To the police station and filed papers for a restraining order on the whole Moody family."

"Oh, why didn't you tell me?" She asked sitting down.

"I didn't want to worry you. The girls are waiting to be arraigned and the mom was killed by gang life and the dad went to prison in the '80s for murder so I can see why all they know is violence."

"That's really sad Kash. They had no role models or anyone to look up to really." Navy said.

"It is and I don't want that around my family. I will protect you with all that I have. I couldn't protect Morgan but I'll be damn if I let something happen to you guys."

"I know Kash and it's ok I'm with you on it. But I think I should arrange for either Ivy or Brenda to come watch the girls and we go to a meeting tonight. What do you say?" She smiled.

"I would like that. I think we need to get some things off of our chests." I said eating my piece of pizza.

I watched as Navy pinched up small pieces of pizza and fed them to Lanie. I smiled watching the two. She acts just like Navy.

The baby monitor went off and Morgan was crying. "I'll go get her so you can continue to feed Lanie bug," I said.

"Thanks, Kash!" She smiled.

I flew up the steps and found Morgan with her eyes opens crying her little eyes out and trying to move around.

"I got you, pretty girl. Let's change your diaper and then take you downstairs to mama."

Her diaper was soaked in pee. I would cry too. I changed her and held her in my arms and rocked her a little bit and kissed her little head.

She looks just like Navy I think but she does have my nose and lips. She's beautiful just like her mama.

She stuck her bottom lip out and began to cry. "Ok let's go get mama so you can eat," I said heading downstairs to Navy.