45🏍

A couple of months later

We have been crazy busy lately. I've been up to my eyeballs in tattoos which is good for the shop.

Now that Lanie is walking we are having a hard time keeping up with her and she wants to swim all the time. She's talking more and well her birthday is coming up soon.

Navy is upstairs bathing her as we speak because I hear them giggling.

I'm down at the bar working on a tattoo that I will be working on tomorrow and since they wanted me to draw them something up I figured I would work on it now while I have a little bit of time to myself.

Navy walks down with Lanie and she's crying for me. I stop what I'm doing and take her. "Whats up Lanie bug? You smell good." I said kissing her cheek.

She grabs my face and tries to kiss my cheek. "Dada" She smiles.

"Aww it hits me right in the heart anytime she says that." I smile at Navy.

"I thought I would feel funny when she called you that but I don't because you are the only daddy she knows and I'm ok with that." She smiled turning around putting a few Cheerios on the bar for Lanie.

After she eats a few of them I take her to the living room and rock her right to sleep. "Well, that was easy tonight." I laugh handing her off to Navy.

"I will be back I'm going to put her to sleep." She said walking upstairs.

I walk back over to the bar and work on the rose I was drawing on before. Time got away from me and when I looked up twenty minutes had passed and Navy come sit down beside me.

"She was fussy tonight and didn't want to sleep. Then I handed her the Gavin bear and she went sound to sleep." She shrugged.

"I'm glad that you got her down. I'm sorry I was no help. I'm trying to finish this design since that guy is coming in first thing in the morning." I said.

"It's ok Kash. I'll let you get your stuff done and ill go watch some tv." She smiled.

"You can sit here with me. I want to teach you how to use this to draw and at some point make me a design to be tattooed on me." I said.

"Really? You want me to make a design for you?" She smiled.

"Of course I do. I think that would be cool Navy. Maybe you can even tattoo one of the lines for me." I smile and lean over for a kiss.

She kisses me back and goes in for another before I focus on the design. She sits beside me all quiet just watching.

"What if you wrap that snake through the eye of the skull and around the rose?" She said.

"That's not a bad idea. Let's see how that looks." I said.

An hour later I have it finished how I want it to look and walk over to the cabinet and grab two apple pies to share before heading up to bed.

We sink down into the new bed and covers and cuddle up together and doze off to sleep.

The next morning Lanie wakes us up early. I dress and take her downstairs to eat some breakfast while Navy is getting dressed.

I don't mind helping out with Lanie. She's fussy this morning so I start making airplane noises and she giggles.

I lean in and blow raspberries on her cheek and she opens her mouth for more food.

Navy walks downstairs in a pair of tight jeans and an Everlasting Ink shirt in neon green and she looks beautiful.

"Those shirts never looked so good," I smirk.

"Thanks I like wearing them and supporting your business Kash." She smiled as she walked over and kisses Lanie on top of the head.

I let Navy take over finishing feeding her and I went upstairs to change clothes and grab my hat before joining them back downstairs.

I drove my motorcycle to the shop while Navy went to drop Lanie off with April.

When I got there Hoss and Dom were already prepping for their tattoo. "Hey, guys!" I smile.

"Hey, man how's it going? Where is Navy?" Dom asked.

"She went to drop off Lanie and then she will be here don't worry." I laugh.

My next client came in and I had them come on back to get started. "So this is what I came up with. I had a little help and I hope you like it." I said handing him the iPad.

"Oh man, I love that snake wrapped around it all." He smiled.

"You can thank her." I smiled pointing to Navy who had just walked in the door.

"Thank me for what?" She asked.

"What you did with the snake in this tattoo," I said.

"Oh yeah, your welcome. I just thought it would look good." She said walking back up to her desk and pulling up the program and fixing things.

By the time lunchtime came around she went and grabbed us some food and came back and we went to my office to eat in silence.

"So next month is Lanie's birthday do you think I should start planning it now? I mean I want to invite the normal crew and the guys at the shop and Louise and April as well as Brenda." She said.

"Sounds good! We can get some meat and have a cookout by the pool and get decorations. What kind are you thinking?" I ask.

"Ladybug of course." She smiled.

"I wouldn't expect any less. Right down the road is a cake place we can go check out and get it ordered." I said.

I stood up and threw the trash away and went back over to her and leaned down and kissed her lips softly.

I almost let the words slip that I love her but I held back. I'm not sure she's ready for that just yet.

 I'm not sure she's ready for that just yet