54🌹

I watched as they carried box after box out and it was like watching my life move by in front of my eyes

I got caught up in my thoughts and different scenarios of when I was a kid and things I did with my parents.

I thought I had come to terms with this a long time ago but maybe I haven't. Maybe I need to make time and go back to the meetings.

As Kash and Shorty get to the bike they both smile and talk fast about the bike but for me, it takes me back to when I was a kid and my dad bought it and brought it home and took me on rides.

I smile as they roll it by and once it's loaded into the Uhaul Kash walks over to me and wraps his arms around me. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah just thinking about when my dad used to take me for rides on the bike." I smile.

"Those sound like great memories Navy. We are done with everything so we can take the key back and settle the bill." He said.

"Yeah I've kept up with the rent so it's all paid up but I need to turn in the key," I said taking one look around the unit again before walking back to my car.

I return the keys and we get back on the road. "I'm ready to get out of here," I said.

"Do you want to ride by where your parents lived or your house with Gavin?" Kash asked.

"No, I am good. I think if I see those places I will have a full-on breakdown." I said.

"We don't want that. We are in a good space and I don't want you going backward I just wanted to make sure before we head back home." He said.

"I like the sound of home when you say it, Kash." I smile as he leans over and kisses me.

It doesn't take long to make it back to the house. When we pull up Shorty backs up to the garage and they start unloading.

Des walks over and lends a hand with getting the boxes out and I walk over to talk to Ivy.

"Hey, I just wanted to say Hi while the guys are unloading the Uhaul," I said.

"Where did you get that stuff from?" She asked.

"My parent's storage unit and my dad's old Harley," I said.

"Wow, I bet that was hard for you." She said holding Junie.

"It's been a tiring day," I said.

"Where is Lanie?" She asks.

"April has her. There was no way I was taking her on the trip." I laugh.

"I would have kept her for you," Ivy said.

"Are you crazy? I wouldn't put that on you Ivy." I said.

"Well, I'm glad your back, and well Junie's rash is better." She smiled.

"I told you it would be fine Ivy." I smiled standing up. "Well I better get home I need to help the guys before April brings Lanie home."

"Ok talk later." She smiled following me to the door.

When I walked back into the garage they had Dad's bike off the Uhaul and surrounding it.

"Like my bike Des?" I laugh.

"Do you plan on riding it?" He asked.

"Once they fix it up I do. I mean I could be a Harley girl and learn to ride." I smirk.

"If you want to ride I will definitely teach you Navy," Kash said walking over and putting his arm around me.

"Really you will teach me?" I smile.

"If you want to learn sure I will." He smiled and kissed me again.

Shorty grabbed a few more boxes and stacked them up.

"Let's order some food and eat and I'll make you some chicken another day. I just made that yesterday Shorty." I said.

"You made fried chicken yesterday and I missed it??" He gasps.

"I'm sorry but yeah I did. I made it for Julian." I said just as Julian walked out of the door.

"I was wondering where you kids went." He laughed.

"Dad I texted you and told you." Kash laughed.

"I just now saw that. Wow, what a nice bike you have there." He smiled.

"This belonged to my dad and Kash says that he can fix it up." I smile.

"Oh that he can. He was restoring old cars for me when he was a teen." Julian smiled.

"I'm going to order some food. You guys good for Pizza?" I ask around.

"Yeah, it's all good. Order up a few." Kash said.

I walk in the house and use the bathroom and order five pizzas and walk back out to the garage when April pulls up and I walk out to meet her to get Lanie.

"Thank you so much for keeping her today April." I smile.

"It was my pleasure! Actually, I stopped by and was hoping I could get some clothes and keep her tonight with mom." She smiled.

"Hmmm, I have never been away from her. But I really need to sort through these boxes. I mean are you sure?" I ask her.

Kash walks over to see what's going on. "April wants Lanie to spend the night which I think I'm ok with but worried as well but it could give us time to go through the boxes," I said.

"It could help us out for sure. If she wakes up and throws a fit April can call us and I will go and get her." He said.

"Ok let me go grab her some clothes and I'll be back since she's asleep," I said walking inside.

I gather up something for Lanie to sleep in and an outfit for tomorrow and her Gavin bear that she sleeps with and walk back down to April and hand her the bag.

"She can't sleep without her Gavin bear." I smile.

"Oh I know she asked for it earlier when she napped. April laughed.

"Thanks again April I'll get up with you in the morning," I said leaning in and kissing Lanie's head and so did Kash before they left.

"I hope I can do this." I laugh watching them pull away.