75🏍

I couldn't wait to see Lanie's reaction when we brought Morgan home

We pulled up into the driveway and Brenda and dad were watching Lanie.

"Are you ready to go in?" I ask Navy.

"Ready as I'll ever be. Hopefully, Lanie will be a good girl." She laughed.

I got out and unbuckled the carried and waited on Navy so we could walk in together.

"Mama! Dada!" Lanie screamed when she saw us.

"Lanie bug! Are you ready to meet your baby sister?" Navy asked her.

"Yes, pease! My baby!" She said.

I sit the carried on the table and took Morgan out and went over to sit in a chair and Lanie crawled up on my lap.

"What do you think Lanie?" I ask.

"Pretty!" Lanie smiled.

"You have to be gentle Lanie Bug. Don't touch her eyes ok?" I said.

"Ok dada." She said staring at Morgan.

"Can you say, Morgan?" I asked her.

"Morg. Hair dada!" Lanie said.

I looked up at Navy who had big tears in her eyes watching the two of them while Brenda was taking pictures.

"You can touch her hair. It's soft isn't it Lanie?" I ask her.

"Yes! I hold baby dada pease?" Lanie asked.

"Daddy has to help you hold her head but I'll let you hold her," I said shifting so it could happen.

Navy is awful quiet just watching them. I looked up at her and she smiled at me.

"Just look at that Lanie loves her baby sister. Lanie, you are now a big sister what do you think about that?" Brenda asked.

"My baby Mimi," Lanie said.

"Well, she answered that!" Dad laughed.

After a little while I passed her over to dad and he cried the whole time holding her. "Morgan would be so happy to have a niece named after him." He said.

"I have to say Navy shocked me with the name but I'm glad she asked you, first dad," I said.

Navy looked at me... "I would never use that name if Julian wasn't ok with it because I wanted her to be a happy reminder of Morgan, not a sad one," I said.

"I love the name and you for thinking of my brother," I said walking over and kissing the side of her head.

"Why don't you two go upstairs and take a nap and we will watch the girls and if we need anything I will come get you," Brenda said.

"Oh really? I would appreciate it and I could really use a nap for sure." Navy said.

"You know us grandparents can handle this for sure." Dad laughed.

I followed Navy upstairs and she was moving slowly so I pulled the covers back and helped her to get in bed. "Thanks, Kash I am so tired."

"I know you are Navy. You just had a baby and I want you to rest. I'm not sure if I'm sleepy I may go back downstairs to check on them." I said.

"Thank you for letting me rest. Just wake me when Morgan gets hungry." She yawned closing her eyes.

I leaned down and kissed her cheek and went and took a shower and decided to go back downstairs.

Lanie was playing with her dolls and dad was holding Morgan while she slept.

"I wasn't sleepy so I showered and thought I would come back down here with you guys," I smiled.

"Nothing going on as you can see. Just spoiling my granddaughter." Dad smiled.

"She's beautiful isn't she?" I asked.

"Oh, she is. I can see you a little bit it in her and I can also see Navy for sure." He smiled.

I got down on the floor and sit with Lanie and played baby dolls with her so she wouldn't feel left out.

A little while later Morgan begins crying and I took her upstairs to Navy and she sits right up and got Morgan into position. She is definitely a pro this time around.

Lanie comes running up the steps. "Mama? Morg?"

"In here Lanie!" Navy said.

I helped her up on the bed and she crawled up beside Navy and watched as Morgan breastfed.

"Hmm. Mama?" Lanie said.

I couldn't help but laugh because she looked confused. "Whats up Lanie?" I ask.

"Morg hungry?" She asked.

"Yes, she is, and that's how she's eating. You used to eat like that too but now you are a big girl." I said to her.

"Me big girl!" She grinned.

"Come on let's go downstairs so momma can feed Morgan ok?" I said picking her up.

"Ok, dada I'm hungry." She said patting her belly.

I laugh... "Oh, you are huh? Let's go get you something to eat then."

I blow a kiss at Navy before leaving the room and Lanie does too. She's full of herself and I'm so glad to see that she's not jealous of Morgan so far.

We head downstairs and Brenda is cooking and has a big spread out on the table.

"Wow, it smells good in here. Thank you for cooking Brenda. This one informed me that she's starving." I laugh.

"Well good thing I made Mac and cheese and mashed potatoes and peas things she can eat. I also made pork chops and a few other things." Brenda said.

"Thank you now I'm hungry and maybe after Navy finishes feeding Morgan she can come down to eat as well. I'm going to run up and tell her." I said putting Lanie in the high chair.

"Navy Brenda made a bunch of delicious food. Once your done feeding Morgan come down and join us." I said.

"Thanks, Kash I will when she's done. I'm starving just thinking about it." She laughed.

"I'm going to go feed Lanie. Love you!" I said.

"I love you too Kash." She smiled.

I walked back downstairs and over beside Lanie who is feeding herself with her fingers.

"Guess she dont needs a spoon then does she?" I laugh.

"Not when she's got fingers I guess." Dad laughs.

" Dad laughs