31🏍

I had back-to-back tattoos the rest of the day

I had back-to-back tattoos the rest of the day.  Navy was busy answering the phone and scheduling appointments. When 5 pm came around I told her to cash out for the day and go ahead and pick up Lanie that I would see her later.

She squeezed my arm and smiled before walking out. I know she's excited to get Lanie and I am finishing up this chest tat and then I can leave.

Once I finished up and cleaned up my mess I locked up shop and jumped on my bike and headed toward home. I needed to check on dad and make sure that he was doing ok.

When I walk into the house he's sitting on the couch beside a piece of luggage. "Going somewhere, dad?"

"Yeah, I'm going down to Florida for a while and stay with my sister. She has to have knee surgery and asked if I would come help her." He said.

"And you're just now telling me?" I laugh.

"Kash you have been busy with Navy and Lanie and you didn't need to worry about me. I'm going to soak up some sun and maybe see some old ladies on the beach." He laughed.

"What time are you leaving?" I ask.

"Here in a little bit. Just waiting on my Uber to take me to the airport." He said.

"Why didn't you ask me I would have taken you," I said.

"Son I can take care of myself. I didn't want to ask in case you had to work over or something." He said.

"Well, I came to get some clothes and stuff so I can stay with Navy," I said.

"Kash, you have kissed her haven't you?" He laughs.

"Dad really?"

"Well, a dad knows these things, plus I see how you both look at each other.

I love both of them and I'm glad you can put smiles on their faces and well Lanie needs a dad." He said.

"I know but I'm not her dad but I will always be there for her," I said as a car horn beeped.

"That's my ride I gotta get going." He said getting up grabbing his bag.

"Let me know when you get there. I love ya dad."

"I love you too Son and I'll be calling or texting you!" He said.

I watch him roll his luggage down the sidewalk. He wouldn't even let me carry that for him stubborn ole man.

I head upstairs and grab some clean clothes and a few other things before I head out to my bike and stuff my small bag into my saddlebag and take off to Navy's house.

When I get to Navy's I unlock the door and walk on in. Yeah, she gave me a key a few months back. I basically live here now.

When I walk in Lanie sees me and grins. She's in this bouncy chair thing and she loves it.

Navy is in the kitchen at the stove. I walk over to her and kiss the side of her neck. "So apparently my dad decided to go to Florida and visit his sister for a while."

"He didn't tell you?" She asked.

"No I caught him as he was going out the door but really this is probably good for him," I said.

"Well you know you can stay with us for as long as you want. Lanie likes when you are here." She smiled.

"Just Lanie huh?" I smirk.

"Me too of course." She smiled pulling food out of the oven.

"You are spoiling me with these home-cooked meals." I smile.

"Well, lasagna is on the menu for tonight." She said pulling out the garlic bread.

I walked over to kiss Lanie on top of the head when the doorbell went off. "I will get it," I said.

"Should be Ivy and Des." She said.

I opened the door to a smiling Ivy. "Hey, Kash! Smells good in here."

"That's all Navy's doing," I said shutting the door.

"I am hungry and so is the baby." Ivy laughed.

"I used to say that all the time and Gavin would laugh saying it was an excuse to eat everything in the house." Navy smiles.

"My mom said it's a good time to eat what you want." Ivy shrugs.

"And I'm eating right along with her." Des laughed.

"Nothing wrong with that. Both of you are skinny." I said.

"So umm Navy we don't want you to get upset but we have to tell you something," Ivy said.

Navy put her fork down. "What is it?"

"So today after Des got home someone knocked on our door and it was Brenda," Ivy said.

"What the fuck?" I said.

"She said she was hoping to see and talk to you. She wanted to meet Lanie." Des said.

"She lost that right a long time ago," Navy said.

"That's not all Navy... She was holding an urn in her arms." Ivy said.

I looked over at Navy and she put her hands over her face and jumps up and runs to the bathroom.

"Guys, will you watch Lanie? I'm going to check on her." I said heading to the bathroom door.

"Navy it's me can I come in?" I ask.

She opens the door and is leaning against the sink in tears. I shut the door behind me and pull her in for a hug.

"Navy maybe she had a change of heart," I said into her hair.

"Or maybe she wants me to be depressed even more? Why would she bring his urn, Kash?" She said with tears falling down her face.

I wipe her eyes with my hands and kiss the rest of the tears away. "Listen it was dirty what she did and I feel she wants to meet Lanie but at the same time, she wants to punish you. Unless she came to give you the Urn." I said.

She looked up at me and tried to speak but couldn't. I wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her into my chest.