2🌹

A month later the house is packed up and I'm ready to go

A month later the house is packed up and I'm ready to go. I hired movers to pack everything up and to follow me to my new house.

I take a look in every room again thinking of when we first moved in and how happy Gavin was. I give our bedroom one last look before walking back to the kitchen.

It's weird seeing the house empty and Gavin gone. It's as empty as my heart. I look around one more time before I shut the door and lock it for the last time.

The movers have the address and the keys so they can go ahead of me in case I need to stop on the way to pee. This baby keeps me in the bathroom.

As I back out of the driveway I begin to cry. Just a month ago I was so happy with Gavin and our baby on the way and now everything is just destroyed.

Gavin and I met in high school and I knew he was the one for me. His black curls and how they laid on the top of his head and those brown eyes just melted me.

We went to college together and remained together as he went through auto diesel college and I went to school to get my degree in accounting. I've always loved numbers.

I'm almost to the new house and I can't wait the baby is kicking and I'm about to piss my pants.

When the house comes into sight I'm happy to see it but sadly I'm dealing with all of this on my own.

I pull in beside the moving van and they have it half empty

I pull in beside the moving van and they have it half empty. I bypass all of them and rush to the bathroom downstairs and lock the door.

Once all the boxes are moved inside I look around at all I have to do and I have no energy. I walk over to the couch and lay down.

I had just closed my eyes when my doorbell rings. I jump up thinking the movers forgot something but when I open the door it's this pretty woman around my age smiling at me.

"Hi! I didn't mean to bother you but I'm your next-door neighbor. I'm Ivy."

"Nice to meet you, Ivy. I'm Navy." I said.

"Interesting name I love it." She smiled.

"Thanks come on in," I said.

"Moving is the worst!" She laughed.

"I know that's why I was taking a nap. I get tired too easily with this one." I said rubbing my belly.

"How far along are you girl?" She asked.

"Seven months." I smile.

"I was going to bring you brownies but my boyfriend reminded me I'm not a good cook." She laughed.

"Oh, I can cook! My mom taught me everything she knew." I said.

"So where did you move from?" Ivy asked.

"Two hours from here in Hartsville," I said.

"I know we just met but I think we are going to be good friends. And my boyfriend and I wouldn't mind helping you get your boxes unloaded if you want." She smiled.

"I really appreciate that. I'm on my own here and kinda lost.

"You don't have a boyfriend or husband?" She asked.

"He passed away two month ago," I said shutting my eyes.

"Oh, Navy I'm so sorry." She said getting up and hugging me. "Sorry, I'm a hugger." She laughed.

"No it's fine I've needed a hug," I said wiping my eyes.

"You don't have anyone?" She asked.

"No he passed and his mom hates me and my parents are passed and I have no siblings," I said.

"Oh man well don't you worry Desmond and I will be here for you. How about we order pizza and help you get unpacked?" She said.

"That would be nice thank you." I smiled.

I watched as she texted her man and the pizza place and ordered food. When there was a knock on the door she let him in.

"Des this is Navy. Navy this is my hottie Desmond." Ivy laughed.

"Nice to meet you Desmond." I smiled at him noticing yeah he was cute.

"I told her we are going to be best friends." Ivy smiled.

"I really appreciate this guys. I know you don't know me but I'm as loyal as they come." I smiled.

"So is she. Now me I'm skeptical. So where is your old man?" Desmond asked.

Ivy looked at him weirdly and smacked his arm.

"What?" He said rubbing his arm.

"It's ok Ivy he doesn't know but I lost my boyfriend two months ago. His name was Gavin." I said.

"Shit I'm sorry Navy. That really sucks." He said.

"Yeah, it does. I had to get away from our house and where we lived. I felt like I needed a fresh start." I said as the doorbell rang and Ivy went to grab the pizza.

We talked and ate and then we started in the kitchen while Desmond worked in the living room and hanging the tv for me.

I smiled looking around and silently thanked Gavin for bringing these wonderful people into my life.

Once Desmond finished with the livingroom he heads upstairs and puts my bed together for me so I can at least sleep tonight.

"I don't know how I can repay you guys," I said sitting down at the bar area.

"Oh don't even worry about it. I'm sure I'll need you at some point for something." She laughed.

"So what do you guys do?" I asked.

"Well, I'm a nurse and Desmond works in physical therapist who helps with sports injuries." She said.

"Well, that's awesome. I am an accountant." I know boring but I love numbers." I smile.

"So you can do my taxes?" She laughs.

"For sure I could do that." I smile

"Do you have a picture of Gavin?" She asked.

"Yeah here on my phone. I hand it over to her and showed her the one we took recently with him smiling with his hands on my belly.

"Oh, Navy he was so handsome." Ivy smiled handing me back my phone.

"He was my high school sweetheart." I smile looking at the picture.