22🌹

The next morning Lanie had me up early feeding her

The next morning Lanie had me up early feeding her.  While I was burping her Kash walked into the room.

"Morning Navy!" He said.

"Good morning Kash! I'm sorry I kept you up last night." I said.

"It's no problem. But I gotta get going I have a couple of tattoos to do today. I'm going to start a new ledger until you can get that done and show me what's next." He laughed.

"Ok, I'm going to work on it today while she's asleep." I smile as he walks over to kiss the top of Lanie's head.

"Are you going to be ok today by yourself?" He asked.

"Kash I will be fine. Plus your just a phone call away if I need you." I smile.

"I will text you sometime today and check on you guys." He said.

I got up and handed Lanie to him. "Do you mind if I change real fast before you go?" I ask.

"Sure go ahead. Nothing can get done without me and they will be ok to wait." He laughed.

I rushed into my room and grabbed some clothes and threw them on and pulled my hair up on top of my head and walked back out in less than five minutes.

I didn't see Kash or Lanie in her room but I found them downstairs in the kitchen. "I wondered where you guys went." I smile.

"I was telling Lanie when she gets older I'm going to take her riding on my bike." He laughed.

"Oh well, now that will be many years from now." I smile as he hands her back to me.

"Maybe I can double you first." He said.

"I can't say I've ever ridden on one. Gavin called them death traps." I laugh.

"Well, that's because he never rode one. I promise to go slow." He said squeezing my arm gently.

"Maybe once I'm healed we will see. Now go before you are late." I said watching him head to the garage.

"See you later Navy." He smiled as he straddled his bike and takes off down the road.

I watch him as he becomes a blur and walk up to the mailbox with Lanie bouncing in my arm. I look around the street and see a weird car sitting across from my house and when I looked up the person slumped over in their seat.

My heart is pumping fast and I rush back to the garage and then I decide to walk over to Ivy's she may be at work but Desmond should be home.

I rang the doorbell and knocked on the door and when he opened it I rushed in. "Navy what's going on?" He said looking puzzled.

"Desmond I went to check my mail when Kash left and there is a weird car across from my house and when I looked at them they slumped over in their seat and I'm afraid," I said.

"You both come in and I'm going to check it out ok?" He said slipping on some shoes and heads up to check his mail. Then I watch him walk over to the car and the person rolls the window down.

I watched him walk back across the road and to the door. "So it was an older woman and she said she was waiting on a friend but she believed she was on the wrong street." He said.

"Wait what did she look like?" I ask.

"Umm, longer grey hair, glasses, and had an orange color lipstick on." He said.

I fished my phone out of my back pocket and scroll through pictures. "Was this her?" I ask.

"Yeah, that was the lady why?" He asked.

"That's Gavin's mom Brenda. I guess she's spying on me or something. How did she even find out where I moved to? I didn't tell anyone." I sighed.

"I'm not sure but will you guys be ok? Or do you want to stay over here today?" He asked.

"Thanks, Desmond but I think I will go back home. I'm not scared of her." I smiled.

"Call if you need me ok?" He said walking me back outside and the car was gone.

I walked back into the garage and hit the button. It's really annoying to me why she would be staking out my house if she wanted nothing to do with me and the baby.

I'm not going to let her get away with it. I'm going to call her. I grab my phone and put Lanie in the bassinet to sleep.

I scroll through my phone and click on her name and it starts ringing.

📞Hello?

📞Brenda, it's Navy. Can you explain why you were watching my house?

📞Navy? Umm, I wanted to see where you moved to.

📞I guess you know that I moved. But why are you watching my house? Trying to find out if I had the baby or not?

📞I guess I have a right to know.

📞When you treated me the way you did saying this baby meant nothing to you and wouldn't even give me any ashes you lost that right.

📞I guess but that baby is a part of me Navy.

📞You don't even know what the baby is.

📞Well, I know you had it. I saw you carrying it out when that motorcycle left your house. I guess you moved on fast.

📞And I guess you don't know anything about me. I have made friends here who care about me and my baby.

📞I'm sorry I was such a bitch when Gavin died but I still blame you. He wouldn't have stopped at the store if it wasn't for you.

📞Believe what you want Brenda. I know the truth and I loved Gavin more than anyone on this earth and I'm still trying to figure out my grief.

📞Well, I'm glad you are since it is your fault Navy.

📞You know what Brenda stay away from my house or I'm going to be calling the police. And since you didn't ask you have a Granddaughter named Lanie. Gavin picked the name and she looks just like him. Too bad you won't be meeting her. Fuck you, Brenda.

I hang up the phone and throw it on the couch.