1🌹

It's nice to sit on the beach and not be in my head about everything that has happened over the last couple of weeks

It's nice to sit on the beach and not be in my head about everything that has happened over the last couple of weeks. I drove eighty miles to get to the water and it was worth it.

"It's just me and you baby," I said rubbing my belly as I spread my blanket out and sit down.

I have been in a panic ever since Gavin died. If I hadn't asked him to stop and pick up pasta he would still be alive.

I tear up and wipe my eyes behind my sunglasses and stare out into the water as the hot sun beats down on me.

I don't want to go back to that town where I'm reminded of a place where I used to be happy. I'm going to pack up and sell our house that Gavin l
and I bought together along with the life insurance money and I think I'll move here.

I could be close to the beach and I'm sure the baby will love it as well when it gets older.

I pull out my phone and search for a realtor company that could help me to sell my house back home and then I called for someone to show me houses around here.

The only person in this world I had was Gavin and his mom but she no longer talks to me and doesn't want anything to do with me and I have no family of my own so no one will miss me when I leave.

I wish my mom was here. She would know what to do and where for me to go. She would tell me to come back home but that's not possible.

She and my stepdad were on their way home from church and got into an accident and both died on the scene. I never had any brothers or sisters and my dad left a long time ago. I have no idea if he is even still alive.

My phone rings and shakes me out of my thoughts.

📞Hello?

📞Navy Winters?

📞Yes!

📞Hi, I'm Paige and you called about wanting to see a couple of houses?

📞Oh hi! Yes, I do while i'm here. Are you available to meet up?

📞Yes, can you meet me downtown at the appletini? It's on 5th Street.

📞Yes, I can be there soon. I'm at the beach right now.

📞Ok, see you soon. I have on a yellow blazer you cant miss me and red hair.

📞Ok, I'll find you soon.

I hang up my phone and gather up my things and head to my car. Poor Gavin bought me this SUV because he wanted me to be prepared for the baby.

I head to the place she said to meet up at and as soon as I walked in she was right I couldn't miss her bright yellow jacket.

"Paige?" I ask.

"Oh hi, Navy! Are you ready to see a few houses?" She smiles.

"I am. It will just be me and my baby but I want a bigger size house in case I ever decide to have more." I said.

"How far along are you?" She asked.

"Six months." I smile.

Once we pull up at the first house I go in and look around and I just didn't like how it looked. The rooms weren't big enough.

So we looked at a few more and the last one I saw I loved it. "Oh, I think this is the one." I smile.

"Will your baby's father not joining you?" She asked.

"No, he passed away two weeks ago," I said.

"Oh, Navy I'm so sorry. I wouldn't have asked if I knew." She said.

"It's ok Paige you had no idea. I'm sorry, I'm just not ready to talk about it."

"I have a friend who hosts a supporters meeting for people dealing with loss and grief and it might be good for you once you get settled." She said.

"That sounds nice. I just haven't dealt with it yet and it might be nice to be around others who are fighting the same thing." I said as she hands me a name and address.

"Louise is such a sweet lady and she would be glad to have you," Paige said.

I put the card in my purse and we head out a door leading to the back deck and is a nice decent yard with a pool and a fenced-in area which is nice.

"Let's get you all set up and papers filled out and put in a offer." She said.

"I have the insurance money already so I'm ready to do that and I called a realtor back where I live and they are putting my house on the market," I said.

"Well, that's a great start." She smiled.

"I just decided today while sitting on the beach that I want to move here. I have nothing holding me back." I smile as we walk out of the house.

"I will keep in contact with you and let you know how things are going here," Paige said.

"Sounds good. I'm going to head back to Hartsville and start packing up my stuff." I said getting in my SUV.

I stop at a gas station and fill up with gas and go inside to pee because this baby is pressing on my bladder and ready to tackle this two-hour drive.

Once I reach home it's so sad and lonely and missing Gavin comes back. I don't even want to go inside the house because he's not there.

I walk inside and cut the lights on and spot his jacket on the back of the chair. I lay my keys and purse down and go over and pick up the jacket and walk to the couch and plop down and smell his jacket and cry.

A fresh start is what I need and the first thing I will do is go to the support group because clearly, I need it.

I lay down on the couch and close my eyes clutching the jacket and cry myself to sleep.